Drip directly on the atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syav

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Minnesota
Howdy folks!

I saw a couple of youtube videos where you can drip directly to the atomizer for Ego devices rather than dripping into a 2 piece carto like the standard BOGE carto, then you attach a drip tip to the atomizer. Is this a safe method? Are there any chances that liquid dripped directly to the atomizer may leak to the battery? I'm using KGO with 2.0ohm LR atomizers.

Any feedback appreciated :) .

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Here's what I use for dripping.
    P1000581.jpg

From left to right:
    #1 510-510 short extension (don't need when using your Kgo)
    #2 atomizer
    #3 drip shield (use a drip shield cone with your Kgo)
    #4 drip tip

Pappy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 15, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    Yes it's safe. The KGO is a sealed battery so the juice can't get to the battery. Dripping is a bit of a hassle and is a little messy, but provides the best/truest flavor. Some of the juice will leak down into the battery connection area of the KGO. Just mop it out periodically with a paper towel. No worries.

If you find you like dripping, a bottom feeder such as the Reo provides all the benefits of dripping with none of the hassle or mess.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    I think the KGO is a sealed battery so you should be okay.
    Wait for conformation on that though, I don't have one.
    If you really want to experience how good dripping can be grab a good dripping atty,
    like a IKV or Cisco. It took me 6 months to get an Ikenvape atty. I never knew what all the buzz
    over dripping was about 'till I got a good dripping atty.

Edit. Phone rang while typing..late to the party again!

:vapor::vapor:

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The drip shield serves many functions. They were first designed for the 901 atty which has an air hole in the side. They made a hell of a mess when dripping, but almost all atties leak a little when dripping. The drip shield places an o-ring just below the air slots in the bottom of the connector and serves like a small reservoir. The vacuum you create when drawing on the atty then pulls that juice back into the atty so that you vape it instead of getting it all over everything. You can also enlarge the small air holes at the top of the sheld to loosen the draw, or slide the shield up so that the o-ring partlially covers the connector to tighten the draw.

This is what we use to do before there were drip shields (and lens cleaners) :lol:
    P1000444-1.jpg

Last edited:

Syav

ECF Veteran
    Aug 2, 2012
    Minnesota
    The drip shield serves many functions. They were first designed for the 901 atty which has an air hole in the side. They made a hell of a mess when dripping, but almost all atties leak a little when dripping. The drip shield places an o-ring just below the air slots in the bottom of the connector and serves like a small reservoir. The vacuum you create when drawing on the atty then pulls that juice back into the atty so that you vape it instead of getting it all over everything. You can also enlarge the small air holes at the top of the sheld to loosen the draw, or slide the shield up so that the o-ring partlially covers the connector to tighten the draw.

This is what we use to do before there were drip shields (and lens cleaners) :lol:
    P1000444-1.jpg

I see how it works now, thanks a bunch! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread