Dripping directly on atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoydog23

Mar 19, 2009
I got an njoy NPro about a month ago and had been dripping (a drop or 2) directly onto the atomizer to "refill" it. The other day my atomizer just quit on me and wouldn't produce any vapor. I emailed njoy and they got me a replacement part in like 2 days, so it all worked out... However, before I start dripping on my new atomizer I wanted to make sure that this was not the cause of it not working. Has anyone else had this happen? Is this a result of dripping directly onto it? Or do you think I just had a bad atomizer?

Any thoughts you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
I hope it is not the dripping, I drip glycerin on mine to, just a drop to get a new cart going. I have read here that they just like to quit working for no reason, good to have an N-Joy for the warranty. I have ordered two extras as well as two batteries for mine so I may not suffer any downtime. I got the batteries from N-joy as they are only a few bucks more then discount ones and have the year warranty. I just got the cheapest atomizers I could find as N-joy does not sell them online.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Atomizers are not meant to last forever. If you got a month out of one, you did well. The longest I ever got out of a atomizer with constant use is 3 weeks.

Some folks get longer... but the bottom line is all atomizers are consumable, disposable products. But look at it this way... that $8 atomizer lasted you a month. How much would a month's worth of cigarettes cost?

gnsmith

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Springfield, Ohio
I've been dripping directly into my atomizer for about two weeks know and it seems like it getting harder to activate the battery when i suck on the Ecig. Has anyone else had this problem?

I only drip, I've been dripping with same atty for two weeks no problems, I do however clean my atty once a week in alcohol. I also rinse my addy every night with hot water. Still works like the day I put it into service.:D knock on wood, I hope I haven't jinxed myself.:confused:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I've been dripping directly into my atomizer for about two weeks know and it seems like it getting harder to activate the battery when i suck on the Ecig. Has anyone else had this problem?

Dripping on a regular basis can allow liquid to get into the battery compartment, gum up the auto switch and make it stop working. There are a number of older threads on this.

If you enjoy dripping, you might want to consider switching to a manual switch PV. No issue with gumming up the auto switch. The ones I know of are the Screwdriver, Zi Moshi, Dura-C and the Kissbox with the manual switch.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
wv2win is spot on, as usual. When dripping, fluid will migrate through the atomizer and into the battery hole. Get into the habit of removing the battery periodically and do a few hard shakes to get some of that fluid out. Also, keep a paper towel handy to wipe fluid from the bottom of the atomizer and top of the battery. If the battery switch is fairly gunked up, you could try a series of very prief inhales and exhales on the battery to get the switch moving.

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
I had 3 atomizers that were cold as ice. I bought a 20 oz coke, drank about half of it and dropped the atomizers in. About once an hour I would shake the bottle. Left them in all night. The next morning I rinse them good in hot water. they worked great.

I had 2 atomizers that nothing would work at all. Totally dead! I put them on the Zi Moshi I purchased today from ted and for some reason they are working perfect!!:D

Vape On folks:evil:

May have quite a few 801 kits for sale as I will NEVER go back now that I have a Zi Moshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread