Drip Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pion

Mar 1, 2011
Western Pennsylvania
I recently got some mega atomizers for my ego-t. The first one worked fine for a little while. Then the burnt taste arrived and won't go away. The next one had the burnt taste from the get-go and I can't get it to go away. Third one, same as the second one. I blow them out and clean them prior to using. I start with 4 drops of juice to prime them. I've cleaned all 3 several times including an extensive, dry burn cleaning system I read about on this forum. I've boiled them, soaked them in alcohol, vinegar, boiled them again. I still eliminate the burnt taste. I keep trying them, thinking they will break in but the taste stays the same.

When the first one I used worked, it was fantastic. I really liked it. I'm hesitant to order any more mega cartridges and wondering if I would have any better luck dripping on an altered, standard ego-t atty.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? I generally take 2-4 second, slow draws. I use Backwoods 555 most of the time. I don't know what else to try to resurrect these attys.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
How many drops of liquid did you put in after you blew them out and etc..? Here's one that you can try if you don't mind wasting just a little bit of e-liquid: drip 10 drops into the atomizer let it soak in for a minute and blow that out, then drip 4-5 drops in and see if the "flavor rinse" helped at all.

I've never used the mega atomizer so I'm not sure how many drops it holds, my standard 510 atomizer on an eGo battery holds 3 drops and I'm thinking a mega atty would hold more.

also: I know this is probably obvious and I mean no offense by this question, but are you sure you got the mega atomizer and not the mega cartomizer?

pion

Mar 1, 2011
Western Pennsylvania
How many drops of liquid did you put in after you blew them out and etc..? Here's one that you can try if you don't mind wasting just a little bit of e-liquid: drip 10 drops into the atomizer let it soak in for a minute and blow that out, then drip 4-5 drops in and see if the "flavor rinse" helped at all.
I've never used the mega atomizer so I'm not sure how many drops it holds, my standard 510 atomizer on an eGo battery holds 3 drops and I'm thinking a mega atty would hold more.
also: I know this is probably obvious and I mean no offense by this question, but are you sure you got the mega atomizer and not the mega cartomizer?

Rosa,
I tried your suggestion of initially flooding a cleaned atty with juice. That seems to have improved things somewhat but there's still a back-end aftertaste of burnt. It's less than before, though.

I've had some trouble flooding my atty and getting no smoke so I tend to not put too much juice in, initially. 4 drops to prime it and 2 drops to vape. I get maybe 10-15 vapes before I reload with another 2 drops. I'm going to puff on it a while and see if things change.

It's definitely an atomizer. There's a wire mesh bridge inside with a slop-on mouthpiece. Do I drip onto the bridge directly? That's what I've been doing. It worked, initially for several days of heavy use. I'm still new at this and have read a lot on this forum and elsewhere but I may be missing something basic.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Yes try to get the drops to hit directly on the mesh hump that sticks up in the middle of it. I suspect you need more than 2 drops since 3 is perfect for my standard 510 atty. With my standard 510 atty I get about 6 vapes or so before I need to add 3 more drops, that's just the nature of dripping.

almost forgot: after you drip a few drops in there, give it a couple seconds to leak into the atty before you hit it.

pion

Mar 1, 2011
Western Pennsylvania
Sometimes, it's the little things. I'm noticing a distinct improvement by using twice the liquid I used to use. The off-taste is going away, leaving that rich flavor of the 555.

Thanks, everyone. I've been reading here a lot. It's a great site for a great pastime. I really need nicotine to keep my dopamine system from misbehaving. I quit smoking about 2 months ago. I found e-cigs about a month ago. They've been a lifesaver for me and that's not an exaggeration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread