Drip Tip Material ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaDan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Chesapeake Bay
Ok - short history. Started vaping about 5 weeks ago. Still learning. I went the usual progression. Started with a drug store Blu, then upgraded to a Halo G6, then to a Halo Triton and VV Triton.

With all the Halo devices the clearomizers have those thin, stock, Delrin/Plastic drip tips. For about 4 weeks I vaped with no problems to speak of. I started loving it so much I got to the point that I was ALWAYS vaping - non stop. I would drain a 900mah battery and usually go through 2 clearomizers at work. I got tired of carrying extra stuff around. Something better was needed.

I ordered a Provari. While waiting for it, I got several types of tanks: Vivi Nova and iClear 30s.

When the Provari arrived last week I started using it with the iClear 30s which has a stainless, trumpet style, knucklehead drip tip.

In less than a week I developed blisters on the lower part of my upper lip. (let the jokes begin :oops:)

There are a number of different types of drip tips out there: Delrin, Stainless, Ceramic, Anodized - and a bunch of shapes. I assume the shape is simply a matter of personal preference and appearance.

I am curious about the material the tip is made of. Are the metal tips harder on the mouth than the softer plastic or ceramic?, or is my problem that I am simply vaping too much? (if that's possible). Or would a drip tip made with a different material than SS help?

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
When i started vaping my lip would split open where i would usually get hit with that little liquid that often is on the driptip when using the more crappy clearos

Either your body will get used to it and it will stop or you will find a way to avoid it

Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I only use metal or glass driptips. I vape alot of tank cracker juices and just do not want to worry about the drip tip cracking or melting.

I did go to a slightly longer tip to avoid juice spatters with my RDAs. Another option is one that narrows down alot at the tip which makes it harder for juice to spatter the lip.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I have been curious about the various mouthpieces too.

I have a Kanger T2 Clearomizer with a standard black plastic tip ... I have no complaints.

I just ordered a Mechanical Mod that I am going to install a Kanger AeroTank Clearomizer on. The AeroTank comes with a brushed stainless steel mouthpiece.

I have a feeling I am not going to like sucking on this hard steel tip.

kanger_aerotank.jpg

PurpleHeart

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Chicago
I only use metal or glass driptips. I vape alot of tank cracker juices and just do not want to worry about the drip tip cracking or melting.

I did go to a slightly longer tip to avoid juice spatters with my RDAs. Another option is one that narrows down alot at the tip which makes it harder for juice to spatter the lip.

I've noticed glass drip tips have a cleaner taste overall. Good idea for a longer drip tip to avoid splattering, the vape will also be a little cooler.

JavaDan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Chesapeake Bay
I've read the responses and I think my issue was a combination of not cleaning and the stainless tips getting too warm/hot.

I started cleaning them regularly (thanks crxess). I also picked up a number of other tips at my local vape shops to experiment with.

I love the ceramic. No matter how hard or long I pull it seems to stay cooler which is helping me a lot.

So . . . . . keep it clean, keep it cool - that seems to be working.

Vape On

--Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread