Drip tip on ikvhv 801 mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyloric Thinker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Campbell, CA
The old mini was not compatible with drip tips. You could only use the whistle tip. Isaac has redesigned the "new" mini (the 1.8 and 2.5 ohm ones) to be compatible with drip tips, but the HV (3.5 ohm ones) are still not drip tip compatible. It's a bit of a pain, but I'm getting used to the whistle tip, it just pops off in my pocket, etc. Hope this helps

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Hey guys Pylo's correct,
The last of the Mini series LR & HV 801 atomizers labeled IKV HV/LR do not accept standard adapters. There are some at vaprlife.com though and some reports have been made towards Healthcaboin. The New Mini series labeled by their respected resistance markers like the 1.8 or 2.5 and future 3.5 are standard Drip tip compatible. :)

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I have one "standard" 801 drip tip, out of several that has a short enough extension below the o-ring that it will work on the oldest/shortest mini. I have no idea where I got it, though. I think it is a "rare" one. In the meantime I'm using the soft rubber whistle tips. I've only done the 3.5 semi at 6v and there is enough height of tube for the standard tip. For one of my Mini the soft rubber tip, that came off of an 801 cart, needed a little trimming at the bottom. They are easy to trim with sharp scissors. (DH vaped 801 pen-style from August to Dec so I have a few soft WT I didn't throw away from the 801 carts.

If I was going any higher in ohm than 3.5 and had an issue with the DT being too close to the bridge I personally would use only Delrin and dremel off some of the bottom of tip. The metal tips aren't going to burn but don't know about the o-ring, it might get to hot for lips, and you could potentially have other issues with the metal tip touching the atty.

I have started cutting down the length of the IKV 2.0 801 tall/standard to Mini and Semi size. (I love them so much I snapped up 20 of the remaining 40. Someone else i know picked up 10 of the last 20. We love our IKV 801 2,0 ohm attys) I cut one a little short so I had to trim the soft rubber WT bottom a bit. But I haven't done this yet with the HV 801.

There's a lot of curiosity, lately, amongst the Reo community, and lots of people want to try them on their bottom fed Reos, standard and Mini 801.

Alice

Pyloric Thinker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Campbell, CA
I wanted to follow up about the drip tip "issue". I took 5card's advice and shaved a bit off the bottom of one of my tips and it works perfectly. I would caution people to make sure they thoroughly clean the tip after modding it so there's no plastic shavings in the tip. I took a file from my pocket knife and filed it down after widdling a bit off the bottom and chamfered the inside edge so there was plenty of room for the bridge. Now I have a mm or 2 of clearance from the bridge and I have a perfectly functioning tip that will work with my "old-style" mini. Again, the new 2.5 and 1.8 ohm versions have been redesigned so this won't be an issue. Further proof that Isaac Does listen and is constantly working to improve his products. I honestly don't feel comfortable recommending anyone else for hardware and accessories. Can't wait for the new PV. It's gonna be great from what I've heard!

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Thats what I did when he first put them on sale. Cut them all down - you gotta love a mini pipe cutter

I have one "standard" 801 drip tip, out of several that has a short enough extension below the o-ring that it will work on the oldest/shortest mini. I have no idea where I got it, though. I think it is a "rare" one. In the meantime I'm using the soft rubber whistle tips. I've only done the 3.5 semi at 6v and there is enough height of tube for the standard tip. For one of my Mini the soft rubber tip, that came off of an 801 cart, needed a little trimming at the bottom. They are easy to trim with sharp scissors. (DH vaped 801 pen-style from August to Dec so I have a few soft WT I didn't throw away from the 801 carts.

If I was going any higher in ohm than 3.5 and had an issue with the DT being too close to the bridge I personally would use only Delrin and dremel off some of the bottom of tip. The metal tips aren't going to burn but don't know about the o-ring, it might get to hot for lips, and you could potentially have other issues with the metal tip touching the atty.

I have started cutting down the length of the IKV 2.0 801 tall/standard to Mini and Semi size. (I love them so much I snapped up 20 of the remaining 40. Someone else i know picked up 10 of the last 20. We love our IKV 801 2,0 ohm attys) I cut one a little short so I had to trim the soft rubber WT bottom a bit. But I haven't done this yet with the HV 801.

There's a lot of curiosity, lately, amongst the Reo community, and lots of people want to try them on their bottom fed Reos, standard and Mini 801.

Alice

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I wanted to follow up about the drip tip "issue". I took 5card's advice and shaved a bit off the bottom of one of my tips and it works perfectly. I would caution people to make sure they thoroughly clean the tip after modding it so there's no plastic shavings in the tip. I took a file from my pocket knife and filed it down after widdling a bit off the bottom and chamfered the inside edge so there was plenty of room for the bridge. Now I have a mm or 2 of clearance from the bridge and I have a perfectly functioning tip that will work with my "old-style" mini. Again, the new 2.5 and 1.8 ohm versions have been redesigned so this won't be an issue. Further proof that Isaac Does listen and is constantly working to improve his products. I honestly don't feel comfortable recommending anyone else for hardware and accessories. Can't wait for the new PV. It's gonna be great from what I've heard!

That is exactly what I have designed for the drip tips on the bullet series. I couldn't say anything at the time because it was still unknown as of yesterday. Countersinking has also other benefits besides providing clearance for the bridge. It directs the liquid where it is supposed to go, towards and down the side of the atty into the mesh rather than directly on the bridge. You can and will still drip on the bridge, but anything that comes into contact with the sides of the DT will be directed towards the wick (mesh)

Pyloric Thinker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Campbell, CA
Nice! I love having unrecognized potential floating around in my brain :laugh: I heard about the Caliber line Switch and it sounds amazing. Good luck with everything. You definitely picked a good man to go into business with! Looks like you both are going to have a banner year. :toast:
That is exactly what I have designed for the drip tips on the bullet series. I couldn't say anything at the time because it was still unknown as of yesterday. Countersinking has also other benefits besides providing clearance for the bridge. It directs the liquid where it is supposed to go, towards and down the side of the atty into the mesh rather than directly on the bridge. You can and will still drip on the bridge, but anything that comes into contact with the sides of the DT will be directed towards the wick (mesh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread