Not open for further replies.

Caddyman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Delaware USA
chaseweb.biz
From Drip Tip Round-Up | Ecig Reviews

Recently it seems a lot more discussions involving drip tips have come up, so I figure it might be good to review a few of them that I have in my tackle box. Here is a picture of which tips I'm reviewing.

Let's get right to it!

Starting with #1 and #2 up there, these are the Fun Twisted Drip Tips from Clouds of Vapor in blue and white. These are good solid little tips, made of plastic, almost delrin, not soft but not rock hard either. They are a pretty tight fit into my 510 atomizers but not too bad, you do have to give it a little muscle to seat them though. The plus to having a tight fit is that there is no wiggle in it when you vape, may seem silly but it bugs me when im vaping and it feels like the mouthpiece is loose. I find that the standard long delrin tips often do this which is why I avoid them. The style of these fun twist drips is right on, they look great, they are a long type tip, but not too long and have a nice taper in the mouthpiece so if you miss with your drop of juice it will funnel it in. These have a slim body type, they aren't too big around which I prefer.

The #3 and #4 tips are the "cherry vape pawns" in green and red. Very similar to the Fun Twist above in looks and material, just a tad harder plastic I think. These fit well into the atty, just a tad loose, there is a tiny amount of wiggle in the mouthpiece when you are vaping, easy to put on and remove. They style of these pawns are, well, they look like pawns on a chess board. They definitely look really cool, but they are a tad over the top for me, that is just pure preference though. They are just as long as the Fun Twist, just really fat.

Tips #5 is probably my favorite, that is the clear shorty hard plastic drip tip. I'm sure plenty of vendors have these but I got mine at COV. It fits perfect into the atty, not too hard to push in but definetly secure and no wiggle at all. I like the clean style of the clear drip tip, many would say it's so cool cause you can see the vapor but...well...you can't unless you vape in a mirror all day...lol Still though it is a nice short, sturdy, good fitting tip.

Tip #6 is the same in all aspects as the #5 tip except it is longer, good drip tip there.

Tip #7 is an old standard, my second favorite, regular short delrin tip that everybody and their momma carry. it just works, it has a huge hole in it so you can drip straight to the atty everytime with practice. To me that is pretty important, if you get a tip with a small inside hole and are dripping juice down it's side and stuff it gets messy and you will get juice in your mouth...yuck. So that is really cool, it fits well in the atty, great little all purpose tip.

#8 is the infamous nHaler Twisted Drip Tip, I got this one and a brown one in a co-op on ECF, these things are GREAT! They are the most expensive tip in this review but I can kinda see why, I really like the small size of them, they look super nice on my ego's. This tip is very hard plasticish material, i actually dropped my ego with the brown one attached and it shattered the tip, total suck. Anyway, these things are awesome, only dig i have is the fitment on these to the atty, these things are super hard to get into an atty. I know some people may disagree but in the co-op thread I saw a few people complain about this. You almost need to get the tip started into the atty then turn your PV upside down on a hard surface and push down on it to seat the thing. Of course this does make for a super secure, no wiggle feel when vaping.

Finally #9 is a colored aluminum tip from somewhere, idk, amajn sent it to me for something a long time ago. It fits well in the atty, easy to seat, tiny bit of wiggle in the mouthpiece when vaping. It looks pretty cool, and it has a cool feel to it as it's metal, a little different if you never had a metal drip tip before. It is a tad shorter then the long tips, it's a good size, I like it quite a bit.

Notes: One thing to consider on drip tips is if you are using them on a ego and your ego's cone is a tad longer then the atomizer then if the tips has a big base or flares out of the atty then that might cut off the air flow to your atty. I have a trex kit and have this situation so #'s 3, 4, 5, and 6 just don't work on it. (you could sand the cone down i know, but im lazy)
Also when I vape, I am a dripper, all the time, one of the reason the fit is important to me is because often ill pull the tip off and drip directly on the atty then replace the tip and vape, so the tips that are real hard to seat can be a pain sometimes.

This was my first ecig review, hope it wasn't too bad.
-Chase

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Nice review, can you also add your review of the Prylex drip tips when you get a chance, these are the hand blown glass drip tips and I've heard good and bad about them, their available over at theecig.com and they work a bit differently. I would like to see how they compare to all the ones you've done so far and whether you think there better, the same, or worst than 1-9

Thanks,

MWA102464

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Nice review, can you also add your review of the Prylex drip tips when you get a chance, these are the hand blown glass drip tips and I've heard good and bad about them, their available over at theecig.com and they work a bit differently. I would like to see how they compare to all the ones you've done so far and whether you think there better, the same, or worst than 1-9

Thanks,

MWA102464

I second the pyrex tips (theecig.com) and want to add superTmanufacturing. Love the round up!

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Great review Man thanks for the variety of different tips. You have several drip tips that would work with the method I supply for making Carto Drip Tips. Thanks again. If you want to check out that how to, if you use cartos it helps a lot!

Twisted Drip Tips Mod to work with Cartos bonus Darwin Pics

AnalogsNoMore

Feb 3, 2011
Oregon
The pyrex drip tip from theecig.com is by far my favorite. I prefer it due to the fact it doesn't get hot like the metal ones do and it wont melt like the plastic ones do. The e-juice slides down easily and doesn't get hung up. No more blowing down the tip before vaping. They come tappered (my preference) and non tappered. They also have them for 306 atty's (tappered only) that are fantastic. I have purchased 6 of them so far and no longer use any of the other brands or types listed above. They are great drip tips!

I just got a pawn and a ming; I love them both. The pawn's shape is perfect, and just feels so comfortable in my mouth. I usually pull it off with my mouth to drip, and I mostly drip.

And for chrissakes, polish them. Cherryvape has a video, but basically you get a washcloth or a strong paper towel and use toothpaste to polish the thing. Rinse, repeat. Then he recommends using some shea butter. I just used some random lotion I found in a closet, though the toothpaste seemed fine on its own.

My favorite is harlequin... hardly manly, but the pink is mother-of-pearl when polished, and the green is ectoplasm. It looks awesome.

As for glass and metal, they just put me in mind of broken glass and teeth. Cherryvapes material is solid, but it would break before a tooth, which is good, and it would break clean.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Here is a pic to help with the round up:
Left to right: Cherry Vape Pawn-TheEcig Clear Pyrex-TheEcig Tapered Clear Pyrex-TheEcig Blue Pyrex-TheEcig Tapered Blue Pyrex-SuperT Contoured Wide Mouth-SuperT Shorty-NHaler Twisted

DSC_0004-1.jpg

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I loved my cherry pawn before I dropped my pv and the top part of the tip broke off. I typically use the aluminum tips available everywhere on cartos, but they get too hot when using an atty on my REO. The seams on the cheap delrin tips irritated my lips so I purchased the superT delrin. These work very well, but they are a bit on the boring side when it comes to looks. I'm interested in trying out the pyrex tips. I'm a bit worried that, being glass, they may break as easily as my cherry tip did. Also, I wish they came in more colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread