Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Now, after getting everything going great, and finding all the necessary things needed to vape my day away, lets talk about drip tips. I have delrin reg tapered drip tips, a bit loose but fine. I have some drip tips that came with my triple v tanks from valley vapes, nice, better fit. Only thing I find is that they are a bit wide for me. I havent tried the slanted tips yet, but may have to get some. I did get a drip tip from phiniac.com that I really like so far. Its supposed to be for their murano glass tips but I got it anyway, it is a wonderful stainless steel. and much more narrow. It fits in very snuggly and gives me a great pull. If anyone can suggest some nice drip tips that are not so wide, I appreciate it. PS, not that the pretty colored glass drip tips arent nice, or the ones that look like doughnuts etc arent either, but I want a simple look, sleek and preferably stainless or black.

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
For me, I like the black plastic tips that come with the new CE2 Clearomizers and the aluminium versions, I like pawns and shorty pawns and Empire mods just sent me a plastic Ming with my last order I will probably try out. All the fore mentioned ones are wide enough for a straight shot drip but narrow enough to feel nice in the mouth [insert crude joke here]

Ron -

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
photo (1).jpg
So far this is my favorite drip tip, fits me great, very snug. As stated in my post before, its a murano glass tip adapter. Its supposed to have the glass tip on this. I like it by itself. I get the best draw from it and no air leaks or wiggles.
I think it looks great on my pyrex tanks. I got mine from phiniac, should have got 2 of them, but oh well, I went ahead and ordered another tonight. Of course I wish it came in black.

Murano Stainless Steel Adapter - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I am updating this thread. I have bought a few new tips and all are real nice. I bought a couple from super-t manufacturing, home of the elegant Precise; I bought the cool and unusual Tanbur and their Velocity tip. These are real heavy and well made satin finished stainless tips. They are quite large in proportion to most tips. Thick and so smoothly finished, no jagged edge. I really like them, but the Velocity is a real thick and heavy duty tip.
I ordered a trippy tip from Mawndriptips.com, a beautiful and elegant black glass tip to go with my black glass phiniac tank. I also ordered an unusual anodized black tip from them. If you are looking for affordable and unique tips check them out. I believe they only sell drip tips.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Knucklehead drip tips are some of the most comfortable tips I've owned. Their design allow 45 degree tilt and 360 degree rotation. Many vendors sell the original black or white acrylic version, but Vapor Mania has some called Blasters that are pretty wild. BLASTER Adjustable Drip Tips

View attachment 126425

My favorite drip tips are made of glass. I have a couple Trippy Tips, but my favorites came from Hot Vapes. These are twice the size of my Trippy Tips and in my opinion look better.

Glass Drip Tips
View attachment 126420

Of course, the Cherry Vapes ming and pawn tips are quite comfortable and look nice, too.

View attachment 126426

Last edited:

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
I was just checking out the glass tips that Hot Vapes sells, and notice they have categories for "without o-ring" and "with o-ring". In the product description for the ones without, they say "These 510 tips have no o-ring, yea!", so I guess this is seen as a plus, at least by some. I'd never thought about it before, and the only drip tips I have without o-rings are some kinda cheap plastic-y ones that came with a particular carto.

On the one hand, I suppose tips without o-rings would be easier to get on...and maybe help prevent damage or breakage caused by trying to cram them on? On the other hand, I'd imaging they be less snug and secure once they're on, and more prone to falling off. I'd hate to pay glass tip prices, and have one drop on pavement or some other hard surface.

Thoughts anyone?

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
If the drip tip is made properly and the right size there should be no problem putting them into a carto with an o ring on them to seal the draw. Some cartos these days, due to crappy quality control in China, are not the right width I've found. When I get one of those out of my stock I put in a drip tip that has has some use and the o ring is a bit softer, solves the problem.

I use Ming tips 90% of the time, and have some of their Chinese 'cousins' which are smaller overall and they go well in a tighter carto o ring and all.

The only metal ones I use came from Provape and are generally used for juice testing on an Ego twist, and once in awhile on my Reo Grand. I much prefer the Ming acrylics due to the heat, I'm a LR vaper. Stainless gets too hot a lot of the time.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I was just checking out the glass tips that Hot Vapes sells, and notice they have categories for "without o-ring" and "with o-ring". In the product description for the ones without, they say "These 510 tips have no o-ring, yea!", so I guess this is seen as a plus, at least by some. I'd never thought about it before, and the only drip tips I have without o-rings are some kinda cheap plastic-y ones that came with a particular carto.

On the one hand, I suppose tips without o-rings would be easier to get on...and maybe help prevent damage or breakage caused by trying to cram them on? On the other hand, I'd imaging they be less snug and secure once they're on, and more prone to falling off. I'd hate to pay glass tip prices, and have one drop on pavement or some other hard surface.

Thoughts anyone?

View attachment 126567 View attachment 126568

These are a couple Hot Vapes glass tips w/o the o-ring on a couple of my Triple V pyrex tanks on my SB. They fit very snug on a carto tank, as snug as any Cherry Vape ming with o-ring would.

View attachment 126566

No one has mentioned the stainless steel tips. Not one of my favorites as far as feel, but these do look wickedly awesome.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Drip tips alter performance as well... a factor few consider... I like a longer drip tip or even a ming style because they help pack a stronger punch... they also cool the vapor down a little and help prevent juice from getting in your mouth... a snug fit is also key... it improves the draw...

I just ordered the Tanbur from super-t and I am excited to give that a try... it's super long.

As for glass drip tips...

Had a few trippys and I found there was significant difference between styles and sizes...

First, the glass is always relatively cool... which is nice.,\..

the small flatmouths were better at lower voltages... because they bumrushed the vape into your mouth/lungs rather quickly while the longer peanut style gave you long, full cool drags...

The large flat mouths are made for the hard sucker ;-) you need to suck pretty hard to fill that little bowl/reservoir or you end up getting choppy uneven vapes...

in any case... the right drip tip for you will compliment your style/method of vaping... I like long slow pulls...cooler vapor so a steel ming is pretty ideal for me.

I'd rather have a cheap mod and a great drip tip than a great mod with a crappy drip tip... I think drip tips are that important.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
That the tanbur I mentioned above, its real cool, but boy it is heavy and a little thicker than it appeared in the photo, I like it. Makes my KGO with a tank look like some sort of magic wand. Oh, Dusty, I think we spoke before regarding the saber touch APV, I finally ordered one and am waiting for it to get here, of course it is black with black end caps, and an all black phiniac tank and trippy tip black tapered . I cant wait to play with all the accessories I have collected with the saber in mind.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
I love my Ming drip tips and you can't beat Cherry Vape's customer service. I broke one (100% my fault even though it shouldn't have broke) and they sent me a new one free of charge. As long as you buy from them or one of their vendors they have an awesome warranty.

If you're thinking about getting a Ming, don't buy one of the "ming style" ones that are out there. I have several of them and they don't compare at all. They're much smaller and don't feel nearly as good on your lips (that sounds really bad, lol).

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I agree with lasttango. A drip tip can really alter your vape for better or worse. I do like a long deep inhale. I dont like a tight draw. I was using the reg acrylic ones that are usually given away or come with other items. They tend to be rather loose. I first bought some ceramic ones and they were an improvement, than I bought a couple of stainless ones that are supposed to be for the murano glass tips. I really like it by itself, good draw. I really want to find one of the Siam mods ajustable stainless steel ones that you turn to adjust to your liking.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
That the tanbur I mentioned above, its real cool, but boy it is heavy and a little thicker than it appeared in the photo, I like it. Makes my KGO with a tank look like some sort of magic wand. Oh, Dusty, I think we spoke before regarding the saber touch APV, I finally ordered one and am waiting for it to get here, of course it is black with black end caps, and an all black phiniac tank and trippy tip black tapered . I cant wait to play with all the accessories I have collected with the saber in mind.

Can't wait to see it all put together. Make sure you post pictures. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread