drip tip tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
The Hot vape tips have a slight taper so they tend to fit in anything and the glass is very thick...they seem to almost pop into place after being inserted a few times like the carto is fitting to them.

They've got some beautiful tips, so I'll come back to them when I'm feeling a little more splurgey -- and maybe feel a bit virtuous since I'm not spending the big(ger) bucks on a Trippy Tip. :)

Another question if I may -- I notice that many of their patterns are available in two sizes. Even with an 18650 in the pics for size comparison, I can't really tell how big they are. And I know no two are quite the same. So I'm curious if, compared to average 510 drip tips, the smaller ones seem mini-like and the bigger seem average ? Or the smaller seem average, and the bigger seem huge? Or...well you get the idea I'm sure.

Thanks!

seneka

Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
+1 for the Cherry Vapes Ming. Just purchased a SS and I love it. Kind of wishing I bought an acrylic as I don't know if I like the "taste" of metal much. Went with the SS to match my current set-up and to keep it somewhat "professional" looking as I vape at work.

Coming over from Clearomizers and using the included tips to a tank/carto, a comfortable drip tip definitely change the vaping experience.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
+1 for the Cherry Vapes Ming. Just purchased a SS and I love it. Kind of wishing I bought an acrylic as I don't know if I like the "taste" of metal much. Went with the SS to match my current set-up and to keep it somewhat "professional" looking as I vape at work.

Coming over from Clearomizers and using the included tips to a tank/carto, a comfortable drip tip definitely change the vaping experience.

My experience with good solid stainless steel is that it gives off no taste. I know there are many different quality of stainless steel. I just got another order from Super-T/ Precise. I got the straight and a shorty and the tapered. I requested they be polished to a high shine and they look like white gold, platinum. So smooth so jewel like. They are expensive, but now having 5 of them Im hooked. How better to top off the perfect MOD and the perfect juice delivery accessory than to top it off with a good drip tip. I love my tips, I have a basic black glass trippy and it was the most expensive especially since I always take the chance it will break, but a good quality stainless is forever. They do make a difference in taste and draw quality.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Anyone else have a drip tip obsession? I think I order at least one every time I order juice. Lol. Got several cherry vape mings. They seem to be my favorite right now.

I saw your post and thought it had been a while since I had taken a pic of my obsession:

I think I got them all rounded up ;)

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
HzG8rGrl
Wow, and I thought I was obsessed, that is quite a collection. I love drip tips. How long have you been collecting them?

Since '09 and still going. Mostly into the the glass tips now!

You win!!
:)

What kind of atomizers are those?
Most are for 510/901-some for 801, iatty has 2 and then the brass one for the bullet-can't use that one till it gets a clear coat though:( And a big one for the Mega Ego.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I agree, Ming's here also. I hated my lips getting blistered from the metal tips.

I worried about should something bad happen with a short I might get zapped with them. So won't use metal out of that fear, but getting blistered sure is another good reason for me to not buy metal!

I just got some Hagstrom glass tips. I was surprised at how large they were, but I love the cool vape. I just wish they weren't almost 2 inches tall! Anyone else have any Hagstrom's?

seneka

Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
My experience with good solid stainless steel is that it gives off no taste. I know there are many different quality of stainless steel. I just got another order from Super-T/ Precise. I got the straight and a shorty and the tapered. I requested they be polished to a high shine and they look like white gold, platinum. So smooth so jewel like. They are expensive, but now having 5 of them Im hooked. How better to top off the perfect MOD and the perfect juice delivery accessory than to top it off with a good drip tip. I love my tips, I have a basic black glass trippy and it was the most expensive especially since I always take the chance it will break, but a good quality stainless is forever. They do make a difference in taste and draw quality.

I agree that SS doesn't give off taste or add taste when vaping. I guess the "taste" I was referring to was that metallic taste when your tongue touches the SS, if that makes any sense. No gripes about my SS ming, I absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone/everyone. I, however, will be purchasing some acrylic mings next to compliment my collection, as soon as I get over the whole "colored swirly" thing. I still somewhat associate those styles with head shop/smoke shop stuff, which I do not want to be affiliated with.

Don't know if I am ready to try different shapes/styles yet, I love the ming currently. Polishing seems like nice change when I get tired of the look. Thanks for the idea!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Another question if I may -- I notice that many of their patterns are available in two sizes. Even with an 18650 in the pics for size comparison, I can't really tell how big they are. And I know no two are quite the same. So I'm curious if, compared to average 510 drip tips, the smaller ones seem mini-like and the bigger seem average ? Or the smaller seem average, and the bigger seem huge? Or...well you get the idea I'm sure.
The Hot Vapes glass tips w/o an o-ring are very large (which I like - I probably look like I'm sucking on a binky most of the time). I have 5 or 6 now, the smallest are twice the size of a Cherry Vape ming and the largest about 3 times the size of a ming. I have #5 in the below pic and it is almost 3 inches long.

View attachment 134651

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread