Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Sagewood is doing glass drip tips made to order.

I'd post a picture of mine, but my camera will not turn on at the moment.
NOTE: The issue with my camera is currently under review.

But here is a thread...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-handblown-drip-tips-available-here-now.html

I just got mine yesterday, and I'm very happy with it.

For the most part, I am big fan of the Nhaler twisted tips because of the large selection of color options...
Colored and Twisted 510/901/KR808/N100 Drip Tips

But then I like my drip tips as short as possible, and I like that warm vapor.
They do have longer ones, for those that like that sort of thing.
:)

I use the Neon Orange Carrera (#34) for my Padres Chuck.
I also really like the purple amethyst (#58) for my (all white) Ego Twist.

If they had a good Navy Blue one for my Charger Chuck, I would never have bought a Sagewood, but now I'm glad I did.

The problem with plastic drip tips (delrin or whatever) is that they often leave a bit of juice at the bottom of the drip tip.
If you don't blow it out (like trying to make a Coke bottle whistle) then you might suck that up into your mouth.

I do have to say, though, that my glass drip tip is not having that issue at all so far.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Wow, real cool links and real nice drip tips, I like seeing all the enthusiasm for drip tips. I wish someone would bring out some good anodized stainless steel tips.

BTW I was torn between the Chuck and the Saber. It was a hard decision, both are great, well made rugged yet well finished and elegant mods.

Last edited:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
That the tanbur I mentioned above, its real cool, but boy it is heavy and a little thicker than it appeared in the photo, I like it. Makes my KGO with a tank look like some sort of magic wand. Oh, Dusty, I think we spoke before regarding the saber touch APV, I finally ordered one and am waiting for it to get here, of course it is black with black end caps, and an all black phiniac tank and trippy tip black tapered . I cant wait to play with all the accessories I have collected with the saber in mind.

LOL...

My Tanbur arrived today at 11am...
and I tried it on a 510 atty and on my 801 fusion...

It is incredible...

I already plan on buying another or two...

With the atty, it's longer than my MOD!

It really packs a punch though... it cools the vapor a bit and channels it into your lungs with speed... and it's wide enough to drip into...

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
So, I bought a Tanbur today.. I saw one on a pipe mod, and remembered I had two pipes.

I am still reeling over the fact that I dropped $25, including shipping on a drip-tip.

It's worth the $25... it's machined really well... and it's still cheaper than a trippy and only 2 bucks more than a ming.
If you hate it, lemme know... we'll work something out - I'm loving this tanbur...

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
You know, I never really considered that a drip tip is anything other than aesthetic. But I just did a little playing around. I have three basic types and I just switched between them, and since I'm actually thinking about it rather than mindlessly sucking while I go about my e-business I do actually notice a difference between the simple rubbery nipple, the standard overly colorful bulgy barrel, and the longer one i got with one of my tanks.

I don't know if noting a difference is still enough for me to drop $20 on a a few grams of metal, but i might give it more thought in the future.

While I can aesthetically appreciate the craftsmanship and colorfulness of the trippy, multicolored and hand blown glass tips, they aren't what I would like on my personal stuff. They evoke too vividly shadowy head shops with black lights and fuzzy neon mushroom posters. There is no way i want to be seen puffing on something that could be associated with that. I like precise color coordination and a sleeker look, so I tend to prefer stainless steel across the board.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Did you ever own any Zippos in your "smoking" days?

Don't go there.. I've already justified my many mods against my zippo collection. Ok fine.. What's another Zippo to throw into the collection?! ;)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I love zippos, I probably have a dozen or more, I dont see getting rid of them. Does anyone out there have a diagram or "how to" for turning zippos into small box mods. Now, thats an idea !

May be restricted by battery size and that being said, I would not violate the sanctity of my Zippos by ripping them apart. :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Sagewood is doing glass drip tips made to order.

I'd post a picture of mine, but my camera will not turn on at the moment.
NOTE: The issue with my camera is currently under review.

But here is a thread...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-handblown-drip-tips-available-here-now.html

I just got mine yesterday, and I'm very happy with it.
My camera is working now...
:)

Chargers001.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Y

While I can aesthetically appreciate the craftsmanship and colorfulness of the trippy, multicolored and hand blown glass tips, they aren't what I would like on my personal stuff. They evoke too vividly shadowy head shops with black lights and fuzzy neon mushroom posters. There is no way i want to be seen puffing on something that could be associated with that. I like precise color coordination and a sleeker look, so I tend to prefer stainless steel across the board.

I understand exactly what you mean. I see those same visions going thru my mind also. I was supposed to be a child of the 70s but I didnt exactly "fit" in. I see the beauty and craftsmanship in producing the shapes and colours of the glass tips but Its just not me. I tend to fill my life with all things black, stainless steel and sleek. I also love and need symmetry. I do like modern asymmetrical items, but it needs to be intentionally.
I did get a beautiful black glass trippy tip and chose it because it was very symmetrical and sleek. I will post some photos when my PV gets here.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
I was just checking out the glass tips that Hot Vapes sells, and notice they have categories for "without o-ring" and "with o-ring". In the product description for the ones without, they say "These 510 tips have no o-ring, yea!", so I guess this is seen as a plus, at least by some. I'd never thought about it before, and the only drip tips I have without o-rings are some kinda cheap plastic-y ones that came with a particular carto.

On the one hand, I suppose tips without o-rings would be easier to get on...and maybe help prevent damage or breakage caused by trying to cram them on? On the other hand, I'd imaging they be less snug and secure once they're on, and more prone to falling off. I'd hate to pay glass tip prices, and have one drop on pavement or some other hard surface.

Thoughts anyone?

I can pick my ProVari with a full tank on it by the tip when using the Hot Vapes glass tips without o-rings, it is a very tight friction fit and does not require much force at all to seat it.

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
I can pick my ProVari with a full tank on it by the tip when using the Hot Vapes glass tips without o-rings, it is a very tight friction fit and does not require much force at all to seat it.

So they're easier to seat than ones with o-rings but no more likely to fall off? That does sound like a plus.

Another thing I'm curious about glass tips, with or without o-rings: with my current collection of tips (all non-glass so far) it's kind of a crap shoot as to which tips fit which devices well. I mainly use Vivi Novas, Stardusts, and cartos (usually Boge). Most of my tips fit the VNs and Stardusts, though some fit rather loosely, but in the case of the cartos it's a small subset that will fit at all, i.e. can't even get most of them seated. Seems like this would be more of an issue with glass tips, since I'd imagine they got considerably less give than acrylic, delrin or even metal tips?

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
So they're easier to seat than ones with o-rings but no more likely to fall off? That does sound like a plus.

Another thing I'm curious about glass tips, with or without o-rings: with my current collection of tips (all non-glass so far) it's kind of a crap shoot as to which tips fit which devices well. I mainly use Vivi Novas, Stardusts, and cartos (usually Boge). Most of my tips fit the VNs and Stardusts, though some fit rather loosely, but in the case of the cartos it's a small subset that will fit at all, i.e. can't even get most of them seated. Seems like this would be more of an issue with glass tips, since I'd imagine they got considerably less give than acrylic, delrin or even metal tips?

The Hot Vape tips have a slight taper so they tend to fit in anything and the glass is very thick...they seem to almost pop into place after being inserted a few times like the carto is fitting to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread