Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Been vaping for about three, four months, but I keep going back to analog. I'm basically using ecigs to cut down on my analog consumtion, but that's NOT what I want. I want to stop analogs completely!

One problem I have, and it's not earth shattering, but, when I need to refill my eGo, if I take the cart out and put one drop in it, then it's basically gone in a couple of draws.

If I put two drops in the cart, it lasts longer, but I find that I'm getting juice on the eGo, on the cart and on my hands. It gets messy, and requires paper towels to constantly wipe up my sticky eGo and hands.

So... now I'm thinking about drip tips. Perhaps dripping directly into the atomizer will eliminate the need to take the cart out and put it back in, which seems to be what causes juice to appear all over the place.:confused:

Hardly earth shattering problem, but I can hardly be wiping my eGo and refilling it, when I'm out and about, or in the car, so I find myself using that as an excuse to smoke!

Anyone using a drip tip? Does the juice at times end up in your mouth? Do you find it easier to refill, not having to remove the cart? I assume I'll go through a lot more juice by dripping, but I guess that's not a major deal... juice is pretty cheap, and whatever it costs, if I finally COMPLETELY stop analogs and only vap, it'll be well worth it!

Anyone else experience this? Have any tips?

(I've already ordered some drip tips, but just wondering what other people's experiences are)

Thanks in advance!

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I love the drip tip! Just drip 3 drops down the hole, blow into it to get the juice to go down and vape until it tastes weaker and then drip again. Some people say they get some juice on their lips, I don't really notice it if I do.

When I'm in the car or in bed I like cartomizers too. You might like cartomizers, they're easy to fill, last a long time, and aren't messy.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Thanks AngelGirl and Rosa for your responses!
So a drip tip is basically just a cart with no filler? I'd think that if you just put juice down a tube, directly on the atomizer, that it would get sucked back up or drip back into your mouth?

I suppose that doesn't happen, or as Rosa said, blow on it to push the juice towards the atomizer, but it still seems strange!

Hopefully, I'll be more pleased then I am now (and I'm NOT displeased, at all! Love vaping, just this minor issue of the mess) with a drip tip!

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
with a drip tip the paper towel is needed a lot less cause your not pulling things apart to add juice.I am curious as to why you take the cart off and add one or two drops and not taking the filler out and put a bunch of drops in since your already taking it apart? You will like the ease at which the drip tip gives you to changing juice and the taste is second to none ,imo.If its the mess thats holding you back to a complete switch to vaping buy a juice feeding mod and your problems go away instantly.They cost more , but man what a delight they are.Good luck. ps- I don't get any juice in my mouth with the drip tip maybe less than a cart.

Sponge Bobiwan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2010
Wisconsin
Thanks AngelGirl and Rosa for your responses!
So a drip tip is basically just a cart with no filler? I'd think that if you just put juice down a tube, directly on the atomizer, that it would get sucked back up or drip back into your mouth?

I suppose that doesn't happen, or as Rosa said, blow on it to push the juice towards the atomizer, but it still seems strange!

Hopefully, I'll be more pleased then I am now (and I'm NOT displeased, at all! Love vaping, just this minor issue of the mess) with a drip tip!

If you pull your cartridge out of the atomizer and look carefully at just how a cartridge is designed, you will see that as you draw through the mouthpiece, the air you draw does not come directly through the area that would normally be occupied by the filler in the cartridge. The air flow actually comes along the sides of the cartridge, in little "channels" that are actually between the outside wall of the cartridge, and the inside wall of the atomizer. Consequently, you are drawing "away from" the filler area as opposed to "through" it. In this way, the likelihood of sucking juice, is somewhat diminished, though not completely eliminated. I guess the same thing applies if you were to remove the filler material out of a cartridge and use it as a drip tip. The only change is that you've removed the filler. The design of the cartridge with it's air passageways, remains the same.

In a drip tip, those passageways or channels along the side do not exist of course. However, in the case of a drip tip (as well as a cartridge with the filler material removed), you have the suction produced by air flow coming up as you draw, and gravity tending to hold the juice down in the atomizing components (coil and bridge, etc.) area. In most cases unless too much suction or vacuum is produced, gravity wins this battle. If you manage to suck hard enough to get juice in your mouth, then you have overcome gravity with your suction.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Stu

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Queens, NY
Another thing you can do while awaiting the arrival of your drip tips is to take a regular cart, remove the filler, pop off the end cap where thelittle hole is that you suck through. There will be another little piece inside with another little hole in it. Remove that one too (a paper clip should work). Now you can just leave the cart on the atty and drip through it. It's not perfect but it'll work.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Two things.

1) using a cart it should hold at least 5-7 drops on a refill, 15-17 when new or dry. When mine gets weak or starts tasting a little off, I usually take the cart off, top it off with 5-7 drops (looks slushy but no pool on top), put two drops in the atty, snap the cart back on and keep vaping. If I'm chain-vaping, maybe a little less to fill, if not the cart might take a few drops more. I usually get 15-30 minutes of vaping on a full cart, but I am using the pyramid teabag (PTB) mod to improve wicking (you need to look that up as an option maybe?).

If you're only putting one drop in the cart to fill it, something's wrong. Maybe the stuffing is packed in and not touching the bridge in the atty (no fluid wicking).

2) dripping: you can take the stuffing out of a cart making it empty. No more putting fluid in the cart - you simply put 2-3 drops in the atty, snap on the empty cart and vape until the taste starts changing. Not as long lasting since your "refill" is such a small amount. But still the hassle of removing the cart to drip more into the atty, which as noted is a source for a mess. With a drip tip, you don't take the tip off to drip. You just drip into the tip and it funnels down onto the atty. Some drip tips don't flow as well and blowing lightly after filling will clear the tip so you don't draw juice in your mouth on that first pull. You can get them as cheap as a dollar or two each, all the way up to just shy of $20 for a super-t stainless steel - regarded as about the best drip tip out there. I'm using the super-t and it's truly a no mess no fuss dripper.

Last edited:

Stu

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Queens, NY
Thanks for the tip (pun intended), Stu!

Potholer... or anyone else... can you recommend a good juice feeding mod for me? Ali'i looks great, but seems it's unavailable right now. Anyone know when they'll become available?

Shel

SuperT Manufacturing is going to be making a juice feeder that will apparently be able to hold up to 30ml and attach to most mods, adding only a half inch to the lengh of the pv. But I think it's gonna be about a month or so until it's ready for sale. That's what I'm waiting for. I've heard about some other good ones out there. I wouldn't mind having a Phidias Woodimus Feedimus from nHaler.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I tend to hold the PV between my teeth at times and have found the Delrin tips to be great. They are a hard "plastic" material and don't bother your teeth like a metal one would / might. And they are very durable. I've been using the first one I bought 8 weeks ago and apart from some little dents from my teeth, it's fine. One other thing I do to get rid of any juice that gets on the inside of the drip tip is use a Q-tip to clean the inside end. You may have to remove a little of the cotton to get it to fit properly, but no hassle there. Works great for me and no mess.
As others mentioned, dripping is a great way to test new flavors. You can use a little VG or PG to clear the old flavor out if you really want to taste the new flavor. Hope that helps........

Last edited:

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
Super T Manufacturing makes great tips and now they have their Widemouth designs in Delrin as well as some really awesome stainless steel tips. You'll pay a bit more for the Super T Tips in Delrin but I believe they are the only ones who have the widemouth designs which makes it so much easier to drip into.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Widemouth would be great with my shaky hands. I always have to laugh at myself when I prepare to drip into the tip. I have to get all set and settled and then take careful aim. I must look like a mad scientist working with some explosive chemical....lol. But dripping is so nice and easy and when sitting in front of the TV, it is so simple to just pick up the bottle and add a couple of drops.
One other thing I forgot to mention in my other post..... when I first used the drip tip, I was still learning how to use the PV properly. I was inhaling like I did on an analog and several times managed to "vacuum" up some juice into my mouth..... Yuk!! Now I've settled down and just take a nice easy draw and get loads of vapor rather than a mouthful of juice. It may smell good in the bottle, but it sure doesn't taste good taken directly into your mouth. It's all a learning experience.

l3oertjie

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
South Africa
ok,

If you are ready to start making a "mod", this one takes between 15 - 30 drops of e-juice and last a long while between fills, depending on the length of your juice cartridge.

Another thing I did when I used the regular eGo cart was to prop a little air tube into the juice chamber - much like the straw method. This allows air to replace juice sucked from the chamber. Not sure where those original post are anymore - a year ago! :rolleyes:

Anyways, have a look at this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/120072-atomizer-cartomizer-life.html

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Widemouth would be great with my shaky hands. I always have to laugh at myself when I prepare to drip into the tip. I have to get all set and settled and then take careful aim. I must look like a mad scientist working with some explosive chemical....lol. But dripping is so nice and easy and when sitting in front of the TV, it is so simple to just pick up the bottle and add a couple of drops.

As I turn into my Dad, I have found that the widemouth tips are easier to hit when the lighting is bad and reading glasses aren't handy LOL!

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I love the drip tip! Just drip 3 drops down the hole, blow into it to get the juice to go down and vape until it tastes weaker and then drip again. Some people say they get some juice on their lips, I don't really notice it if I do.

When I'm in the car or in bed I like cartomizers too. You might like cartomizers, they're easy to fill, last a long time, and aren't messy.

+1 word for word what I was going to post. Honestly I have never tried a 510 cart. I gave away the ones that came with my kits and started right out with cartomizers. My first model of e-cig (blu) turned me off cartridges for ever.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
The teabag mod (see YouTube) is excellent as the plastic mesh that comes from the Pyramid Teabag does not clog, and as a cart filler it wicks like a BP oil well! The only problem is that this plastic starts to gradually harden and melt, and give off fumes. The best and safest way to vape seems to be dripping, but there are people using metal pipe screens as cart filler, so they avoid the melting plastic problem.

While you await a professional Drip Tip, there's a cool "mod" on YouTube on making a drip-tip out of a $0.39 pen with a no-slip grip. Or you can drill out a cart. It's only a mouthpiece with a hole directly over the atomizer bridge. You can also take off the cart and simply suck on the atomizer for now, put a little electrical tape around it to make it more comfortable on your teeth. Or use anything that will fit to create a temporary extension.

Don't Give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread