Status
Not open for further replies.

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
Can anyone explain why there are SO many choices of drip tips? I've read a bunch of threads on it but no one really explains why one is better than any other. I've heard super T manufactoring has the best but WHY? Is there an actual different in the way the juice is dripped or how it vapes with different drip tips? Is there any heat sink to cool the atomizer with the metal ones? Is there anything other than feel in your mouth that is different with drip tips?

BassAddict

Oct 14, 2010
USA
From my understanding, metal drip tips make juice easier to slide down into the atomizer. The delrin (plastic) drip tips could burn from low resistant atomizers, and so the recommended drip tip for LR atomizers are metal/aluminum. Some people are allergic to certain metals. So, I also believe that is why there is an alternative for metal drip tips.

As far as Super T's go, I believe they were the first company to produce drip tips.

BassAddict

Oct 14, 2010
USA
I just ordered a metal drip tip, because my friend has one for his riva 510. When he drips his liquid into the tip, it actually runs right off of the metal into the atomizer. He also has a delrin drip tip that he uses once in a awhile (if he forgets his metal one). The delrin drip tip is more likely, in my friends experience, to catch liquid at the bottom of the drip tip where the atomizer and tip meet.

To answer your question, you can drip liquid into the drip tip, or you can take the tip off and direct drip.

I hope that helps out. I am still considered a newbie, but I am catching on rather quick to all the concepts involved with e-Cigs. :)

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
Even in some liquid review videos I've seen some pretty popular people take the tip off to drip on the bridge. I've never seen anyone drip without taking the tip off. My question is why would somone pay 20$ for a super-t when they could get the same thing for 8$. Why is one 20$ and the other 8$. They look exactly the same and are made of the same metal. Also, are some of these used as heat sinks?

Pamster

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
has to do with the way the inner opening is made. I don't fully understand why, but the T Tip (super T) will help to funnel the juice down the sides better and has a wider mouth on it. Hope that helps. Juice sticks more to the plastic ones and that's why some people swear by the metal ones. We have a plastic one for our PV.

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
has to do with the way the inner opening is made. I don't fully understand why, but the T Tip (super T) will help to funnel the juice down the sides better and has a wider mouth on it. Hope that helps. Juice sticks more to the plastic ones and that's why some people swear by the metal ones. We have a plastic one for our PV.

From my understanding though, its not supposed to go down the sides but rather on the bridge. no?

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
If you are good it is like getting nothing but net w/your drop! I leave mine on and hit the bridge. I don't like the feel of metal (too much dental work) and go with Delrin. I am partial to Nhaler's colored and twisted DT's. Also I run LR's so I do not want heat conducting through a metal DT to my lips.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
metal ones get hot very quickly and some have a metallic taste. Somewhat like tin foil messing with your fillings.

Thanks for the analogy Bert. That is exactly correct and the thought of it is making my teeth hurt. Man I hate that feeling. I am so glad I have Delrin tips.

Last edited:

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I have stainless steel and delrin drip tips. My go-to is my stainless steel. I also have metal fillings in my teeth. No, I have never stuck the drip tip into my mouth far enough to touch my fillings!

You put it between your lips and gently suck, just like you do now. I like the feel of a stainless steel. As someone mentioned earlier, you don't get the melt factor if you use an LR510 atty. I feel like I can get the stainless steel cleaner than I do the delrin. The delrin has a somewhat "Plasticy" taste to me. It eventually goes away, but I don't really like that taste.

Your mileage may vary,
Paula

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
I have stainless steel and delrin drip tips. My go-to is my stainless steel. I also have metal fillings in my teeth. No, I have never stuck the drip tip into my mouth far enough to touch my fillings!

You put it between your lips and gently suck, just like you do now. I like the feel of a stainless steel. As someone mentioned earlier, you don't get the melt factor if you use an LR510 atty. I feel like I can get the stainless steel cleaner than I do the delrin. The delrin has a somewhat "Plasticy" taste to me. It eventually goes away, but I don't really like that taste.

Your mileage may vary,
Paula

are you referring to the taste of the vapor or the taste of the tip itself?

Crystal Pistol

Sep 4, 2010
Tennessee
I just got a Super-T and I really like it because -

It has a very wide hole. I can drip directly into the tip without getting any on the outside. The juice slides down onto the atty just fine.
I really like the way the Super-T looks.
It has a very smooth feel due to good polishing. I've seen pictures of some that are not polished as well.

I've been dripping with empty carts and decided I'd go the metal route. I didn't see the point of spending money for more plastic since that's what the empty carts are made of. I've had no issues with the metal.

guitardedmark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
I think it's from the nickel plated drip tips not the SS. I get it just putting the drip tip to my lips. (not by my back teeth where my metal fillings are.)

What do you mean? Are you saying nickel plated drip tips make your teeth hurt when you hold it up to your lips?

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
are you referring to the taste of the vapor or the taste of the tip itself?

The taste of the tip itself. I taste the plastic in the delrin tips and it seems to take quite a while before that taste goes away for me. I can use a delrin tip for a good, solid week before that taste leaves.

Taste is a very subjective thing. What I think tastes super, you might think tastes terrible. That is why a person really has to give it a try themselves to see if it works for them.

That is why I do not put too much stock in juice reviews. I try to order juice samples or really small bottles first. I also play around here in PIF and get to sample some juices that way too.

Sorry - did not mean to get off topic here. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread