dripping advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

negrete35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
OK, so recently I have found that I love dripping. After my go-tound with several high end rebuildables (Odysseus, Penelope, Zap, Zag and BliSS) I bought a cheap dripping Atty (BT-801 or Dream) and I get a much more satisfying vape from it than I did any of the others. So I have been looking more into dripping lately and was just wondering if it gets better with other stuff. Should I stick with rebuildables? Or would I get better results from something like a 306 DCA, or HH357? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

T41CK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Taylors Falls, Minnesota
I came to terms with this about a week ago. I was dripping on my joytech 510 it tasted amazing but as soon as I put ths in a tank the taste was not there at all. might I add that this 510 is so so old as well but still kicking out nice vapor and flavor. Nice thing about a tank is less dripping and more vaping

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I just got into dripping myself. Not much exp but I have an old Joy atty that I bought almost a year ago. Its the only one I held on to. Tried one from gotvapes when the pump carts came out, and it was crap from the start. Also had one unnamed from a vape meet and it was not very good. So they all just sat around for ages waiting for a trash can. when I decided to get into a bottom feeder I was pleasantly surprised. Its very easy and even with my old Joy atty its much better then plain old dripping, or trying to use a cart of any kind. I have a HH 357 on the way and I will let you know how it works out.

As far as the bottom feeder goes. Its very easy and I love it. Cant wait for the 357. I use Genesis attys 80% of the time, but they cant leave the house. The bottom feeder will pick up the slack and give me more options over the Vivi Nova or Carto tank. IMO though, You cant beat a well set up Genesis. Only time will tell how I feel about that statement once the mail man brings that hh.

negrete35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
I have tried a Pheonix (clone?) from discount vapors. I dont like it as much as the dream. I guess what I am asking is just whether or not to just stick with rebuildables. I dont get genesis and dont have the patience to figure them out. Maybe sometime in the future i will give it another shot, but for now I will stick to what I really like. I know that the HH357 is supposed to be pretty great. I was thinking of picking one up. But I just discovered the 306DCA. I know it has been out for a while, but I just recently discovered it. It looks pretty good and has good reviews, but if neither the HH357 or the 306 DCA performs as well as a rebuildable, I will just stick with them. I am looking into a bottom feeder, but I use a provari and love/need the quality regulation. I dont know of any bottom feeders that have the regulated power like that and aren't huge.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
OK, so recently I have found that I love dripping. After my go-tound with several high end rebuildables (Odysseus, Penelope, Zap, Zag and BliSS) I bought a cheap dripping Atty (BT-801 or Dream) and I get a much more satisfying vape from it than I did any of the others. So I have been looking more into dripping lately and was just wondering if it gets better with other stuff. Should I stick with rebuildables? Or would I get better results from something like a 306 DCA, or HH357? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

from what ive read, the dream beats out the HH and the 306 DCA.

personally, i havent tried any of those. ive been loving the vape from my DuD and Chobra. the dream does look quite nice though. i'll probably pick one up.
i may even scoop up an HH or 306DCA just because im curious, but im in no rush.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Ive seen a lot of attys called "dream". Is this the one we are talking about? http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/dreamrb.htm It cant be that bridge less that GV sells.
from what ive read, the dream beats out the HH and the 306 DCA.

personally, i havent tried any of those. ive been loving the vape from my DuD and Chobra. the dream does look quite nice though. i'll probably pick one up.
i may even scoop up an HH or 306DCA just because im curious, but im in no rush.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've been dripping with standard Joye 510 atomizers for over three years and I'm happy with that.

But it seems that dripping has taken on a new meaning with RBAs in the mix.
I always thought dripping meant a few drops and vape until gone.

Switching flavors could happen instantly.

But these RBAs seem to hold as much as some tanks or clearomizers, and they call that dripping these days?
Are there any RBAs where you can drip a few drops, and then drip a few drops of another flavor without having to wash the thing out?

I'm a long time veteran, but when it comes to "dripping" RBAs I still don't get it.
Anyone want to clue me in?
:)

negrete35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
I've been dripping with standard Joye 510 atomizers for over three years and I'm happy with that.

But these RBAs seem to hold as much as some tanks or clearomizers, and they call that dripping these days?
Are there any RBAs where you can drip a few drops, and then drip a few drops of another flavor without having to wash the thing out?

I'm a long time veteran, but when it comes to "dripping" RBAs I still don't get it.

I am brand new to the world of dripping. lol. cant clue you in, sorry.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR

I dont wash anything out unless it gets dirty :laugh:. Many of the silica wick atomizers are IMO a glorified dripping atty. Take our joy atomizers for example. You drop 2-5 drops in and vape. Something like the Phoenix RBA can take about 10-15 drops. Many more like that have come out as well. A7, Bully, etc etc, the list is fairly large at this point. So IMO when you count drops rather then ML its a dripping atty. Not all are created equal of course.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

somewhere along the way they became hybrids, i do know they make a rebuildable 510 style dripping atty, and if you take like an A7 atty and build it with shorter wicks it works great for the "couple drops-puff puff-refill" style of dripping.
I think the way they refill 'by dripping though the tip" is what the description has come to mean and manufacturers ran with the idea of taking a dripper and making it able to hold more then 4 drops.

but almost any phoenix style clone can be rigged to be "just a dripper" and things like the dream and fatty still are very minimal on the capcity.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I've been a dripper with pre-built atties for over a couple years; 510, 901, 306 etc. The main thing keeping me from a rebuildable is reading the flavor isn't quite up to par, and I was under the impression it didn't work as well for multiple flavor switching. The Dream at EM looks like a good introduction for me. Cheap, works with only 7 drops, and airflow control, and I really like shopping through EM. I'll do some quick research and probably order it soon. If the flavor isn't EXACTLY as good as regular atties it won't be something I stick with but I sure am curious.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've been a dripper with pre-built atties for over a couple years; 510, 901, 306 etc. The main thing keeping me from a rebuildable is reading the flavor isn't quite up to par, and I was under the impression it didn't work as well for multiple flavor switching. The Dream at EM looks like a good introduction for me. Cheap, works with only 7 drops, and airflow control, and I really like shopping through EM. I'll do some quick research and probably order it soon. If the flavor isn't EXACTLY as good as regular atties it won't be something I stick with but I sure am curious.

Hey, seriously, if you order it let me know how it goes?
And if you don't order it, maybe I will and let you know how it goes.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Hey, seriously, if you order it let me know how it goes?
And if you don't order it, maybe I will and let you know how it goes.

Will do! I just posted a new topic in the rebuildable atomizer system section for any advice. If I get some solid info I'll order it tonight or this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread