Dripping - what atty to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I agree that the rebuildable stuff looks a little scary. So I cheat by buying pre-wrapped coils.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1464502

I agree that it looks scary but I just made my first micro coil the other day and it is SUPER easy!!! I read some how to's and watched some youtube videos, bought some wire and cotton balls and whipped one up in 15 minutes! The only thing you really need (besides wire and wick) is a way to check the Ohm's, for me it was a new MVP2!

To the OP - Good choice getting a dripping 510 atty, simple and easy. When you are ready to try a RDA, I have a smok Mini RDA (squid) and it works great. It comes prewicked so you can use it right out of the package and when you're ready to try making your own coils, it's a small but great platform to practice on!

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
I just ordered from EmpireMods, the following: Premium Bridge Free LR901 1.5 ohm
510-901 shorty adapter (sealed)
EmpMods Delrin 901/510 drip tip

So this is my first go-round with drip attys I mainly wanted to taste flavors without wasting juice, cleaning out clearos ect. also sound like a new way for me to try vaping. Do I need to order an Empire drip shield or any drip shield to complete this setup, will I flood without it? Im confused...

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I just ordered from EmpireMods, the following: Premium Bridge Free LR901 1.5 ohm
510-901 shorty adapter (sealed)
EmpMods Delrin 901/510 drip tip

So this is my first go-round with drip attys I mainly wanted to taste flavors without wasting juice, cleaning out clearos ect. also sound like a new way for me to try vaping. Do I need to order an Empire drip shield or any drip shield to complete this setup, will I flood without it? Im confused...

I'm not super familiar with 901 atomizers. The whole drip shield thing stemmed from the way they are set up. They have small holes in the bottom, so the drip shield will actually feed excess liquid back into them. My short answer is no you don't need a drip shield for what you ordered. However, the drip shield with a 901 atomizer actually serves a functional purpose rather than a cosmetic one (like the 510 drip shield). If you bought the 901 atty, the adapter, you might as well pick up the drip shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread