Dripping with an Ego-C....HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtieri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Chicago
Hey ECF....I need some help for my friend. I stopped by to see my friend today to show off my new Provari V2. He is currently using an Ego-C and since it has the same connection, I let him try my Aero Cisco Spec 1.5 LR Bridgeless atty on his ego battery and experience the world of dripping. Well, of course he LOVED it!! Now he wants to know what atomizer he can use on the ego that will NOT damage the battery. I checked a few sites for him and they have said that they are not recommended for the ego. So that leads me to you all......is there an atomizer (or another way to drip) using an ego battery? He likes my set-up, so I was going to surprise him and get him the atomizer, drip tip, drip shield and adapter for him. He is the one that introduced me to e-cigs and if it wasn't for him, I would still be smoking analogs!!!!! I owe him at least that!!! Help me Help him! Thanks!!!

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
You'll get a lot of opinions on this one but, any atomizer that's 2 to 3 ohms will work. You really aren't going to get anything like provari performance from an eGo though. Madvapes has some really low cost box mods that take generic batteries. Those would allow a lower resistance atromizer. However, you have to buy the batteries and the charger which gets a bit pricier.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm with Mickey on this one. I would personally have just get a few regular Joye 510 attys. They are generally around 2.2 - 2.4 ohms. LR will be fine for an ego batt, but dripping takes a bit of getting used to and feeling out, and I think its best to start on standard resistance, and then he can decide if he wants LR or higher voltage, like with a Riva 4.2V (my favorite).

Actually my main vape is a Boge LR carto with drip tip. Just works for me, and is more forgiving than an LR atty, which I never really got the hang of with dripping without it tasting burned all the time.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hey ECF....I need some help for my friend. I stopped by to see my friend today to show off my new Provari V2. He is currently using an Ego-C and since it has the same connection, I let him try my Aero Cisco Spec 1.5 LR Bridgeless atty on his ego battery and experience the world of dripping. Well, of course he LOVED it!! Now he wants to know what atomizer he can use on the ego that will NOT damage the battery. I checked a few sites for him and they have said that they are not recommended for the ego. So that leads me to you all......is there an atomizer (or another way to drip) using an ego battery? He likes my set-up, so I was going to surprise him and get him the atomizer, drip tip, drip shield and adapter for him. He is the one that introduced me to e-cigs and if it wasn't for him, I would still be smoking analogs!!!!! I owe him at least that!!! Help me Help him! Thanks!!!

I'm wondering if he's tried the eGo-c LR atty heads @1.8Ω on his setup with tank. You get the lr 'experience' with them and while it isn't dripping, imo, it's the next best.

That said, I use the cisco 1.5Ω 306 on an eGo vv passthrough - without a problem (regular vv eGo batts are also available) - I have the vv set to the top level and drip - my 'coffee vape' :)

The early problems that people had with lr and eGo's and Rivas, were before Joye changed the batt protection. Changes were made with the eGo-t and also with the eGo-c if I'm reading the Joye site correctly and the subsequent follow up with Scottbee and others on the battery forum. They now have another upgrade:

Joyetech eGo-C Upgrade Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread