Dripping with evod

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatttymagoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Rice Lake WI
Has anyone done this? I've been using mine for a week and it seems that most juices I used just leaked into the mouth piece even when full. Instead of giving up and ditching it altogether, I tried dripping on it last night. I just soaked the wick and got some good vape off it. I don't like bottom coil as much but it does make it feel like I didn't waste money on it :)

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
All of my evods never leak into the mouthpiece. I cant imagine why yours would. They do however seem to squirt some juice in while youre closing it up after filling (or maybe i overfill...) or if i use it a lot condensation builds up in the mouthpiece(you can still it collecting on the drip tip when you vape for a bit). I just roll up a tissue/paper towel and stuff it all the way into the evod and twirl it. Qtips would work great as well i imagine. Honestly only have to do it when i fill and maybe once in between

fatttymagoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Rice Lake WI
volume control:9730011 said:
All of my evods never leak into the mouthpiece. I cant imagine why yours would. They do however seem to squirt some juice in while youre closing it up after filling (or maybe i overfill...) or if i use it a lot condensation builds up in the mouthpiece(you can still it collecting on the drip tip when you vape for a bit). I just roll up a tissue/paper towel and stuff it all the way into the evod and twirl it. Qtips would work great as well i imagine. Honestly only have to do it when i fill and maybe once in between

Idk why either. The only juices that seemed to work okay were moo juice and some cheap cherry I have (which was disgusting so it wasn't necessarily a good thing lol). It just starts gurgling like I'm sucking on a straw with in empty cup. When I turn it upside down it just starts leaking juice from the tip. I figure I'll use it for dripping till it dies.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Less than 1/3 full tank will gurgle in all of my bottom coil tanks. Fill it up, make sure the base is snug and use sufficient voltage for the resistance of the coil. I've run even Johnson Creek (thin as water) juice in one with no leaks or gurgles (until it's about only 1/3 full). So far, I think the EVOD is the best, especially for thick juice (which I prefer). I've tried a bunch of different clearomizers already and factoring in some convenience and preference criteria, it is simply the best.

fatttymagoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Rice Lake WI
Mad Scientist:9730874 said:
Less than 1/3 full tank will gurgle in all of my bottom coil tanks. Fill it up, make sure the base is snug and use sufficient voltage for the resistance of the coil. I've run even Johnson Creek (thin as water) juice in one with no leaks or gurgles (until it's about only 1/3 full). So far, I think the EVOD is the best, especially for thick juice (which I prefer). I've tried a bunch of different clearomizers already and factoring in some convenience and preference criteria, it is simply the best.

I tried keeping it full. I filled with butter toffee from mbv and after like five puffs it started gurgling. Oh well though, I didn't like the cool vapor as much. To each his own

Nicadmus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
I haven't had any gurgling issues with my surplus of EVOD's, but did run into a problem with my Protank leaking after I removed one of the top wicks. It doesn't sound like you did any altering to yours, but I would double check and ensure there is no gap between your wick and the rubber top piece of the head.

On the subject of you dripping with an EVOD, I think that's a great way to get some extra mileage on a device that isn't working correctly for you. Nicely done.

fatttymagoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Rice Lake WI
Nicadmus:9730978 said:
On the subject of you dripping with an EVOD, I think that's a great way to get some extra mileage on a device that isn't working correctly for you. Nicely done.

Thanks! I really wanted to try dripping but didn't wanna buy something if I didn't like it. Turns out I like it and still don't need to by anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread