Dripping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
I would like to try dripping. I currently have a SB that i use at 6V with V4L Cartomizers. The reason i would like to try dripping is with the cartomizers i have to constantly change them out every 2 drags or i run the risk of burning them out. I work from home so dripping will not be an inconvenience to me.

Could you suggest which atomizer i should go with and what is needed to make it work with my Silver Bullet. Also, will this allow me to take more drags ?

thank you

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
We all have our favorites. The three classics for mod use are the 510, 801, and 901. The most popular atomizer today is the 510. Almost certainly you should try it. The 901 isn't as popular as it used to be, but it does have its fans. My personal favorite is the 801* (especially the compatible Joye302). All will work on the Silver Bullet with adapters, sold (for example) by Altsmoke, as well as Good Prophets, NHaler, and Heaven Gifts. The last two (especially HG) have the largest selection.

* NOTE: The M201 atomizer (also a penstyle) is not compatible with the standard 801 battery, but I see that Altsmoke's adapter for the 801 atty also works with the 201.

The M401 also is pretty popular. It has an exposed wick, which I think is messy to drip on, but it is good for dipping into a small pool of juice (e.g., in a contact lens case). The RN4081 (e.g., SE Gold and NJoy Npro) also has its adherents. The only source for a Kr8 to 4081 adapter I know of is Heaven Gifts (which also sells the RN4081 atomizer).

"High voltage" versions of the 510, 901, and 801 recently has appeared on the scene. They were developed to address that "risk of burning them out" issue you mention. As I understand it (I am non-technical), these HV attys have a higher resistance, bringing the effective power of the device down to around what a 5V Mod with regular atty would yield. I know you can get such HV atomizers from NHaler and Eastmall, probably other places as well. I have seen/read a couple negative reviews of them, but I don't have a sense of the general consensus. Investigate further. [Since NHaler sells them, they're probably discussed in the NHaler subforum here.]

You can take as many drags as you like. After several drags (number varies depending on length of drag), you just need to drip 2-3 more drops on the atty and then continue. I haven't used carts in a long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread