Drop RDA, Build and battery draining

Status
Not open for further replies.

afmg2002

Jul 24, 2018
I am going too buy a drop RDA for my smok xpriv 225 mod, but idk what build to use in it!
Can u guys suggest me one please? I am thinking in a Kanthal A1 build or SS! But i can choose anyone wire, but prefer Kanthal A1 or SS!
I wanna a build who gets a lot of vapor production and some flavor! But i still prefer vapor production than flavor, but i like the both combined!
I used Smok t10 coils, who a have a resistance of 0.12 ohms (80-110W), and i kinda like the battery duration, but probably is better a little bit more! I am using Samsung INR-18650 25R, actually 2 BATTERIES!!! I see in steam engine that 0.15 ohm just give 12min of vaping (around 150 puffs) and that kind scared me, actually the steam engine just give me 6 min of battery duration and 75 puffs, but is a dual battery mod so i multiply 2x to get 12 min battery)
What do you guys think? I think my t10 coils last me longer than 150 puffs for 100% battery to 0% but idk! Is any difference between power consume in sub ohm tanks than builds in RDA?
Is it good 12 minutes? what would u guys recommend for big clouds and a relative good battery duration? Is it save running 0.15 ohms and 0.12 ohms in that mod and battery?
Give me your opinion also about my English, i am not very good at it :D

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
The wattage and ramp time determine battery life. The faster the coil heat and the fewer watts you use the longer the battery lasts. watch the Heat flux and Heat capacity. .. the lower they are the longer the battery lasts. And the smaller the cloud.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
i can choose anyone wire, but prefer Kanthal A1 or SS

Why not try a .3+ ohm build with 3mm or 3.5mm coils, simple round or complex wire . IMO done right you should get plenty of cloud.

Is any difference between power consume in sub ohm tanks than builds in RDA?

I don't think so. Just keep looking at applied voltage/wattage. The lower the wattage the longer vape time.

Simple round wire heats up faster and saves battery life as well. HTH

Happy vaping!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
For simple round wire building, I'm a fan of 26 gauge wire.

When I want to get a little more metal and surface area involved, I twist 28 together.

I don't spend a lot of time or money chasing the perfect wire. Fused this, stapled that... very cool but how's battery life and where did all that juice go?

afmg2002

Jul 24, 2018
Why not try a .3+ ohm build with 3mm or 3.5mm coils, simple round or complex wire . IMO done right you should get plenty of cloud.

I don't think so. Just keep looking at applied voltage/wattage. The lower the wattage the longer vape time.

Simple round wire heats up faster and saves battery life as well. HTH

Happy vaping!
But with less ohms it will produce less vape or it will produce similar quantity? what wire? AWG?
I like to vape around (70w-80w), the battery will last me a good amount of time with 80W? Is any form to calculate it?

afmg2002

Jul 24, 2018
For simple round wire building, I'm a fan of 26 gauge wire.

When I want to get a little more metal and surface area involved, I twist 28 together.

I don't spend a lot of time or money chasing the perfect wire. Fused this, stapled that... very cool but how's battery life and where did all that juice go?
Idk with precision but a tank (5ml juice) consume 30%-40% i think so

afmg2002

Jul 24, 2018
The wattage and ramp time determine battery life. The faster the coil heat and the fewer watts you use the longer the battery lasts. watch the Heat flux and Heat capacity. .. the lower they are the longer the battery lasts. And the smaller the cloud.

Can u suggest me a build with low heat capacity? I like warm vape, not too hot, not too cold!
I like big clouds and good flavor!

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
No need to use such low resistance for clouds, i mostly use .2 to .3 0hms coils (SS,3.5mm Id)
I get plenty of clouds and tons of flavor + my batteries can last about a full day of vaping whenever or a full work day of vaping at break times.

NB: I use the drop rda and have been for months now, 0 regret
atm i'm using a .25 0hm build in it vapor is warm (not hot), plenty of clouds and flavor for my taste, but ofc ymmv

Be also aware that lower 0hms = more vapor but more demanding on batteries and therefore less runtime as you need more power running through it. Higher resistance means less power needed and usually more runtime, but no one can tell for sure as we're all different.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Can u suggest me a build with low heat capacity? I like warm vape, not too hot, not too cold!
I like big clouds and good flavor!
Ok lesson 1 to building on s regulated mod...
determine min max voltage outputs ie wattage at given ohm rates. This will determine ohm range for full power.

See when building regulated ohm doesn't matter till it causes excessive amp draws. Which is determined by the amount of volts you feed the atty.

Build to surface area in contact with wick and mass of coil. More surface area more cloud and flavor. More or less mass equals faster vs slower and amount of watts needed.

Ohm does not determine heat. A little .2ohm coil runs hotter than a big .2ohm coil but produces less heat. Being as actually heat transfer requires at heat source...
a match burns at same temperature as a camp fire.... only one will heat the campsite or cook dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread