Dropped it in the sink full of dishwater and dishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Don't you hate when stuff like that happens?:closedeyes:
Yeah, so it took awhile to find it. Blew it out, switch stuck on.
It finally died and has been drying for a day or so. I'll probably try to charge it without an atomizer.

Has anyone else had one survive a total soaking?

If it doesn't work I think I'll try to salvage the connector for a 14500 mod.
I kind of miss my Nicosticks, but don't want to get back into buying standard atomizers. Too much junk out there. These things last me forever.

Last edited:

greenskeeper805

Aug 6, 2013
Camarillo, CA
I had one go through the laundry. The tank was spotlessly clean so that was nice. The atty was also very clean, rebuilt the wick to make sure. The battery immediately went into a bag with rice for 2 days. Unfortunately the battery is toast, good thing they are only $10. I'd order another battery, even if my battery worked, I wasn't going to use it, seen to many stories of these lithium batteries exploding when tampered with and getting wet IMHO is about the same as tampering with them.

chefkeith

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
USA
No judgement to anyone here, but my eRoll always stays in the PCC unless I'm vaping. For all the people who lose theirs, does your battery allow you to keep it in your pocket that long? I usually drain (or nearly drain) a battery each time I vape, which requires that I keep it in the PCC.

Not trying to derail the thread, honestly :)

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
I'm what would be considered a light vaper. If I sit down and vape, I'll get 45 minutes out of it. If I'm up doing stuff I'll get most of a day from it, with a puff here and there then back in the pocket.
As far as getting it wet goes. I think someone posted about soaking it in alcohol then letting it dry out. Maybe they used rice too. I don't know what effect the soap and food particles might have though...

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I carry four in a black swiss-army-knife-type case with a velcro flap. Fits the exact length of a batt and a bit narrower than a pack of smokes. So, not only do I have fully charged spares when out but I carry it around the house just like I did the smokes. Prevents loosing a batt or an leak mess. Its a Spear & Jackson case and about the size of an Njoy case but about 3/4 deeper, 1/4 wider and same tickness. It has a feature not all of those type cases do in that it also has room for three on the back also where the little belt tab thing is but I don't use that... could though for a total of 7 spares.

Had some time... not good at this... see if it works

Last edited:

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
No judgement to anyone here, but my eRoll always stays in the PCC unless I'm vaping. For all the people who lose theirs, does your battery allow you to keep it in your pocket that long? I usually drain (or nearly drain) a battery each time I vape, which requires that I keep it in the PCC.
It's an Eroll! I keep it in my mouth!:vapor: I have 3 running and 2 PCCs.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I have been using Flings when I'm out. I have a mini VV passthrough with an Ego-C head for the car. At home I use my Ego's or the Eroll for hands free or mindless vaping. Washing dish = hands free, just slipped.
Who remembers when 901's were falling in the toilet???
Dishwater, not so bad.
I haven't tried the batt yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread