drpos per ml.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frnkj74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Seagoville, Tx.
hello ECF how is everybody? ok here's the deal, I use scubabatdan's v13 calculator which I find very easy to use because it has a section which will allow you to enter vg by %...now it offers you to change the drops per ml & I guess by defalt it says : pg with nic 44 drops = 1 ml, pg no nic 52 drops = 1 ml, vg 28 drops = 1 ml, flavor 33 drops = 1 ml. I never noticed this before so what I did was use a 3 ml syringe that I bought from juicy liquid.com & sucked up 1 ml of each liquid used to make juice & injected it into a 3 ml bottle & dripped it back into its source & counted the drops here's what I got : pg no nic 48 per ml, pg with nic 48 per ml, vg 39 per ml, flavoring 46 per ml. did I do this right? and should I change the defalt numbers to the numbers that I got? I'm guessing yes but I'm just asking for some opinions here. the flavoring that I use is the perfumer's apprentice if that helps to answer the question. vg is from walmart, pg with nic is from one stop diy shop, pg with no nic is from juicy liquid.com. thank you in advance for all & any responces.......as always keep on vapin' on ECF :vapor:

Reactions: David Wolf

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
If you do your experiment again using a different type of dripper, you'll get another result. Use different syringes for the same bottle & there will probably be some slight variations just from the accuracy of the syringe markings from syringe to syringe.

That is why I only use drop measurements for certain parts of mixing that have a smaller effect to repeatablity. If I use vape Wizard, Sweetener, or Menthol I will probably use that as # drops/Xml. Everything else is measured by syringe. I have noticed viscosity differences in VG's, and I may be on a different batch by the time I do that recipe again so going by drops would mean things are a bit different.

When using drops, the dripper used, the angle it is held at, the time between drops, the temp of the liquid all play a part in the drop size. I may be able to control the dripper used fairly well, but the rest vary throughout the year.

When I first started I did quite a bit of mixing my drops. I calibrated my droppers by counting drops into a graduated cylinder for 3 ml and dividing the total count by 3. That worked fine for the beginning, but I changed.

BTW, the only consistant thing I ever noted when calibrating drops was Cappella varied around 2% at most. That I found amazing. It is always a good thing to double check yourself & your process as it may help you improve. Even if it doesn't, it adds to the "mad scientist" air of your mixing lab.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I'm with brag. I use the free spirit method too (but I cook like that). My recipes come out fairly close. But I never have it around long enough to compare anyway.

The only thing I measure presicely, is my nic- when cutting. Otherwise it's a drop of this and a few drops of that..

(since all droppers, liquids , and many more are so inconsistant.. The only way to be fairly certain is with mls)
Hth!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread