Dry and burnt hits in my cubis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaRsHaLaS

Jun 2, 2020
Hi everyone, so about 4 days ago i bought a new .5 ohm ss316 coil for my cubis. I dropped 5-7 drops of liquid to coil and i letted sit for 10 mins. 2 days of vaping was good, it was good flavor and no dry or burnt hits, but on third day when i vaped after 3 puffs, i felt bad dry or burnt flavor but my coil was wet. Please help me to fix that problem. P. S. I dont want to buy a new one.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Since you didn't give much info, like wattage and kind of juice you vape, I'll try my best.
From my personal experience those Cubis coils gunk up very fast and they're essentially garbage. You can try to clean them by soaking in ethanol (vodka for example) or isoprop followed by a thorough rinse and dry process, but results are mediocre at best.
vaping at the upper wattage limit of the coils, higher vg ratios and juices with a lot of sweetener are a real problem for the Cubis line of tanks.

Reactions: sonicbomb

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
25W is the upper end of the wattage range for those coils as far as I remember.
Lowering the wattage is of course an option to prolong the coil's lifespan, as is switching to a juice that's less sweet.
You could as well try a higher PG ratio or dilute the juice with some distilled water to prevent dry hits and gunking, but then you'll most probably get massive spitback issues. At least I did.
Btw, the Cubis is very susceptible to environmental changes like outside temperature and air pressure. All tanks are in a way, but from all the tanks I've used so far the Cubis is king in that category.
I'm sorry, but the Cubis is a very badly designed tank that is known and hated by many for its coil issues, and although you may not want to hear it, but in the end it's better to just get a new and most of all better designed tank. It'll not only save you a lot of nerves, but in the end a lot of money as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread