Dry hits on Kanger T2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yesterday my throat was sore all day and mouth is burning. Each time I took a vape it would scratch like hell. I changed the head, and loaded a local Flue Cured Tobacco that I don't love but I know it was the right mix. And suddenly it dawned on me that what I was experiencing were dry hits. The tank is almost full, and I don't want to flood it as it happened before. Any other cure for this rather than filling up the tank and tipping? This didn't happen the day before so much that I vaped it right to the bottom... I often vape horizontally so the juice gets to the wicks and avoid tipping and flooding. I don't know why it dry hit, never done it before...

Top coils all rely on the 'tilt-to-vape' law, but since you already do this, I would say something is wrong with the head.
Open it up and inspect it as most issues can be solved this way.
Also, since the heads not working right, change it. Don't continue to use it.
I have never had this issue, so it will depend on what you find on your inspection.

Yesterday my throat was sore all day and mouth is burning. Each time I took a vape it would scratch like hell. I changed the head, and loaded a local Flue Cured Tobacco that I don't love but I know it was the right mix. And suddenly it dawned on me that what I was experiencing were dry hits. The tank is almost full, and I don't want to flood it as it happened before. Any other cure for this rather than filling up the tank and tipping? This didn't happen the day before so much that I vaped it right to the bottom... I often vape horizontally so the juice gets to the wicks and avoid tipping and flooding. I don't know why it dry hit, never done it before...

media

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta
I made my own coil and wick for the kanger and havent had any problems for the last couple days. It is the same as changing a head for a vivi nova or stardust, but the parts are a little tougher to get back into place. I was able to get everything done cramming em back in with a toothpick, but cutting the extra wire off was the only real challenge.

L7D4N

Ice Cream!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Dallas, Texas
You may be experiencing a "pinching" of the wicks, in that the silicon cover for the head is being pushed too far on to the wicks when you screw the drip tip on. You might try cutting a very small triangle off the silicon cover where it meets each wick. This will open it up to flow better, and as long as you don't go nuts with how much you cut out, it won't cause any leaking issues.

njay23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
West Deptford, NJ
You may be experiencing a "pinching" of the wicks, in that the silicon cover for the head is being pushed too far on to the wicks when you screw the drip tip on. You might try cutting a very small triangle off the silicon cover where it meets each wick. This will open it up to flow better, and as long as you don't go nuts with how much you cut out, it won't cause any leaking issues.

Right... or try pulling the sleeve up jut a little bit. If it helps then start chopping!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Sounds like a grand idea, I'll try today! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread