Dry Hits, other vaping issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesG4079

Jul 24, 2018
Hi! I have a snowwolf MFENG 200W mod that I just bought.
I use a baby beast tank with .4 coil that I hit at 55W and a VOOPOO uforce .4 coil that I also hit at 55W.
Over the last few days, with both atomizers/even after replacing coils, my tank has been giving me lots of dry hits. I used this mod in a week long trip to new york 2 weeks ago with absolutely no issues. Now suddenly, I'm getting dry hits all the time, with a couple of semi-normal puffs and coils burning out way faster. I literally bought this mod a month ago, and the VOOPOO tank a week ago.
The juice I've been using is Alpha Alternativ 3mg.
Another thing I've noticed is that the resistance (ohms I think?) fluctuates constantly now. Like, its a .4 coil and it detects a .43 and will vary between detecting a .42 and a .45 over the course of several hits, fluctuating the whole time.
I have tried closing the airflow slightly, switching out atomizers, changing out the batteries, that kind of thing, because I'm really not sure what to do. I also took the time to clean everything as well, which changed nothing. Likewise, I changed the W to lower, and higher, and neither resolved my issue.
What sounds like whats going on with my mod/atomizers?
Thanks in advance, I'm sorry if I sound ignorant, I'm still very much a novice.

JamesG4079

Jul 24, 2018
I did recently change juice, but I got through over half the bottle before these issues occurred. The coils are the same, have been using the same ones for a long time. When I prime my coils, I put a little juice on the cotton, let it sit for a few minutes, put it in the tank, fill it part way, let it sit for a bit, then fill it up the rest of the way. And I always have fully open airflow, I just experimented with less airflow to see if it would change anything.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I did recently change juice, but I got through over half the bottle before these issues occurred. The coils are the same, have been using the same ones for a long time. When I prime my coils, I put a little juice on the cotton, let it sit for a few minutes, put it in the tank, fill it part way, let it sit for a bit, then fill it up the rest of the way. And I always have fully open airflow, I just experimented with less airflow to see if it would change anything.
I suspect the new juice then for the coil life issue. Fluctuating ohm readings can be caused by several things. They’re generally either an issue with the coil, the mod, or the connection between the two.

JamesG4079

Jul 24, 2018
I'll definitely head to the nearest vape shop tomorrow and buy a different juice and try that out. In the mean time, do ya' think there is anything I should do? It doesn't look like anything is out of place or loose on the vape. I also just changed to a new coil in each tanks, putting a different kind in each to experiment with that a bit. I'm sorry I can't give much more info when asking for advice, I just can't find any noticeable defects at all and it just kind of started out of the blue besides potentially the juice change. Otherwise, I'll post back if new juice helps!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi!
I have a snowwolf MFENG 200W mod that I just bought a month ago.
I used this mod in a week long trip to new york 2 weeks ago with absolutely no issues.
I use a baby beast tank with .4 coil that I hit at 55W
VOOPOO uforce .4 coil that I also hit at 55W.(bought a week ago)

Now suddenly, I'm getting dry hits all the time and (the) coils burn out way faster.
I have tried closing the airflow slightly, switching out atomizers, changing out the batteries, that kind of thing, because I'm really not sure what to do.
I also took the time to clean everything as well, which changed nothing.
I changed the W to lower, and higher, and neither resolved my issue.

Hi and welcome.
Did you use the Uforce tank on the NY trip?
Which coils (specifically) are you using with each tank?
Smok:?
Voopoo:?

How are you priming the coils?
What mode are you using on the SW? Are you using any "preheat" settings?
Which batteries are you using?
Which batteries did you "swap out"?
What wattage are you starting with? (should be lower than the value "suggested" by the expensive coil maker)
How long is your "average" puff?

Have you watched any videos of folks using those tanks with those coils?
How long did you smoke and how many per day?

Cheers
I

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Hi! I have a snowwolf MFENG 200W mod that I just bought.
I use a baby beast tank with .4 coil that I hit at 55W and a VOOPOO uforce .4 coil that I also hit at 55W.
Over the last few days, with both atomizers/even after replacing coils, my tank has been giving me lots of dry hits. I used this mod in a week long trip to new york 2 weeks ago with absolutely no issues. Now suddenly, I'm getting dry hits all the time, with a couple of semi-normal puffs and coils burning out way faster. I literally bought this mod a month ago, and the VOOPOO tank a week ago.
Another thing I've noticed is that the resistance (ohms I think?) fluctuates constantly now. Like, its a .4 coil and it detects a .43 and will vary between detecting a .42 and a .45 over the course of several hits, fluctuating the whole time.
I have tried closing the airflow slightly, switching out atomizers, changing out the batteries, that kind of thing, because I'm really not sure what to do. I also took the time to clean everything as well, which changed nothing. Likewise, I changed the W to lower, and higher, and neither resolved my issue.
I have the Uforce t2 tank which I believe is what you have. I didn’t care for them coils and after using up the two that came with the tank I got a 5-pack of freemax fireluke mesh coils. They work much better then the Voopoo coils. Last longer and taste better. Just be careful you don’t get the mesh pro coils or the firelock coils both sold in three packs I believe. The ones you want are sold in 5-packs and are either kanthal mesh .15 ohms or SS mesh .12 ohms.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well if your coil readings are fluctuating wildly and they weren't before, I would actually suspect (if there are no loose connections and your coil is seated) that there may be something electrical going on with the mod. Maybe it is outputting different amounts of wattage or SOMETHING. IDK. I'm not sure it's a tank problem if it's happening across the board.

Until you figure out what is going on with THAT and I have no idea, my guess is you are going to continue to have problems and I would also stop using the mod, honestly, until you get it figured out.

Anna

Reactions: bombastinator

Sheperd80

Dec 24, 2018
Ive noticed for the last month or so all my devices are wicking more slowly in the colder temps. 50/50 juices are working fine but anything 70/30 seems to produce occaisional dry hits if i chain vape (even just 3 hits in a row).

This has been true with both pods and regular mods.

Lowering the wattage has helped with my regular mods. Carrying multiple pods and swapping all the time has been working with my pod devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Ben Killeen

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2018
Finland (British)
Ive noticed for the last month or so all my devices are wicking more slowly in the colder temps. 50/50 juices are working fine but anything 70/30 seems to produce occaisional dry hits if i chain vape (even just 3 hits in a row).

This has been true with both pods and regular mods.

Lowering the wattage has helped with my regular mods. Carrying multiple pods and swapping all the time has been working with my pod devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I’m using 100% vg in an ello mini and smok tfv8 baby at around -20’C here.

Anything above 50-60W produce a very subtle burn taste if chain vaped for me here.

50/50 even will after a rapid session of chaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread