Serpent smm and dry hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaksoud

Jan 10, 2018
Hello,

I’ve been in trouble with my serpent smm tank since I bought it. It’s either leaking or giving light dry hits after a few consecutive buffs.

I was able to make a coil that does not leak but still getting this light dry hits usually appearing at the 3rd or 4th buff.

I have tried multiple wecks and builds with no luck so far and even went to several vape stores and friends who used it before but still the same.

I’m using a Vaperosso Revenger mod with a coil resistance of 0.39 ohm.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: stols001

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
IMO every RTA has that sweet spot where you aren't leaking and aren't getting dry hits. Sometimes that sweet spot is hard to find. I use 2 RTA's, one being the SMM. Every now and then, I will get a couple of dry hits. It's the wicking. Try again!

I have an RTA that I finally gave up on. Could not find that sweet spot between leaks and dry hits. It sits in a box now.

Amaksoud

Jan 10, 2018
What kind of coil build, and how and with what are you wicking it? What you’re describing is almost always a wicking issue.
I’m new to all this so I’m not sure if this is the correct answer to your questions or not

I’m using clapton wire and beacon cotton
The cotton is most thick inside the coil but thinner at the 2 edges/sides (where you fluf the cotton)

Reactions: stols001

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
I’m new to all this so I’m not sure if this is the correct answer to your questions or not

I’m using clapton wire and beacon cotton
The cotton is most thick inside the coil but thinner at the 2 edges/sides (where you fluf the cotton)
cotton expands when it soaks up the juice...maybe try a little less in the coil

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You might want to try rayon (although you are getting good advice above) rayon shrinks so it should be fairly tight in the coil, with the ends fairly well thinned and trimmed. It really solved all of my wicking issues, it seems to play to my strengths... overstuffing the coil, LOL. But try the above suggestions and see if it helps. It does seem counterintuitive at times to use less wick, but it can help with dry hits with cotton.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted out. Wicking always seemed like such a chore getting it right (maybe because it's that last step, almost, too, and I always feel like it should be easy) so the added vaping life of a rayon wick is nice for this lazy vaper, (although I am no longer approaching coiling and wicking with as much trepidation as I was, now that I've figured out what works for me...)

Best of luck with it.

Anna

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread