Dry hits/thick juice/wrong tank problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerrinPS

May 27, 2016
helloo,
So the ealier today I ran out of eliquid, so I went to buy some more, anyway I picked up a new brand that I had never heard about called: Tornado, anyway I put it to my aspire clieto on top of the RX 200 and started vaping, the tank is relatively new perhaps a week old, but it was performing absolutely top notch no complaints what so ever, anyway the latter part of today, I have been getting really bad dry hits to the point where I couldn't go one or two hits without getting a nasty dry hit, now the juice I believe is 70/30 VG TO PG and I noticed that it was quiet thick so I speculated that the tank couldn't wick the juice fast enough, so I turned down the wattage ( usually vape at around 40w ) to 30 still getting it and then to 20, no change, I swapped to the tfv4 tank to see if there was any change but there wasn't. Still that horrible burnt taste, I even used a 1.5 coil and tank from an old mod with the eliquid in but still no change. Don't really know the issue here apart from maybe the juice is to thick, if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this,either watering it down or different tanks or setups, I would really like to know thank you.

Cheers
Terrin.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
helloo,
So the ealier today I ran out of eliquid, so I went to buy some more, anyway I picked up a new brand that I had never heard about called: Tornado, anyway I put it to my aspire clieto on top of the RX 200 and started vaping, the tank is relatively new perhaps a week old, but it was performing absolutely top notch no complaints what so ever, anyway the latter part of today, I have been getting really bad dry hits to the point where I couldn't go one or two hits without getting a nasty dry hit, now the juice I believe is 70/30 VG TO PG and I noticed that it was quiet thick so I speculated that the tank couldn't wick the juice fast enough, so I turned down the wattage ( usually vape at around 40w ) to 30 still getting it and then to 20, no change, I swapped to the tfv4 tank to see if there was any change but there wasn't. Still that horrible burnt taste, I even used a 1.5 coil and tank from an old mod with the eliquid in but still no change. Don't really know the issue here apart from maybe the juice is to thick, if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this,either watering it down or different tanks or setups, I would really like to know thank you.

Cheers
Terrin.

Why don't you try putting 2 or 3 Drops of Water into a Full Tank and give it a Shake-Shake-Shake.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Might like to turn your voltage/wattage down, take a few hits, bump it up, couple more hits. Repeat until you find your "sweet spot". If the vape taste bad, back it down. Different flavors/atomizers will have different sweet spots so you may have to experiment with the power settings.
Could have someone else try above to confirm it's not just you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread