Dry hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
the weird thing I'm experiencing is that usually when you get a dry hit you get dizzy but now I don't get dizzy
Is this dizziness from dry hits a widely reported phenomenon or just something you have personally felt. Ive never felt dizzy from a dry hit, I feel more annoyed than anything else when they do happen.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
dry-hit-meme.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My first dry hit, I dropped the vape almost in astonishment, but I wasn't dizzy. If I get a dry hit nowadays, I kind of get this burning sensation across my forehead and I might cough, depending.

I don't think it has as much to do with like, nicotine levels but maybe more to do with a sudden unexpected hit of burn when you aren't expecting one. I think you probably get more nicotine and carbon monoxide and toxicants like, if you smoke a cigarette.

However, my body is conditioned to accept such matters and move right along, unlike the "surprise horror" of a dry hit etc.

The more important question is like, why are you getting dry hits? They're horrible. You don't want them. Etc.

Anna

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yep never dizzy....but then again I do mtl, so If I do get a slight dry hit, it's not that much of one. Now maybe if your vaping 150 watts dtl and take one of those eye straining, loud sucking vapes, and don't realize it's a dry hit till you exhale, I can see dizzy [emoji43]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JayFy23

Apr 8, 2018
If i get a dry hit, its just because i forgot to drip, but im suprised that im the only one feeling that way when getting dry hits, but maybe its just an over dose of nicotine, actually ots not really that i get dizzy but its more like i lose my sense of balance and i feel like my muscles are getting weaker(maybe the connection between my brain and muscles getting weakened), its really weird but im glad that i don't get that way anymore, i'm pretty sure it wasn't a good thing that i ielt that way :blink:

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If i get a dry hit, its just because i forgot to drip, but im suprised that im the only one feeling that way when getting dry hits, but maybe its just an over dose of nicotine,

My first thought was there isn't any more nic in a dry hit than a good hit. On the other hand, a drier hit at the same power and in the same build compared to a wetter hit will cause higher coil temperature which could create more vapor so you might get more nic. That's just a thought though, I've never really experimented with it. I also have never become dizzy from vaping :)

actually ots not really that i get dizzy but its more like i lose my sense of balance and i feel like my muscles are getting weaker(maybe the connection between my brain and muscles getting weakened), its really weird but im glad that i don't get that way anymore, i'm pretty sure it wasn't a good thing that i ielt that way :blink:

We all react more or less different to various stimuli. I've never experienced your issue but I'm not you.

A slightly dry hit once in a while is nothing to worry about, but if they get too dry or get into the burnt hit area you are very likely inhaling unhealthy chemicals. I've always done my best to avoid that. Best of luck with it :thumb:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A slightly dry hit once in a while is nothing to worry about, but if they get too dry or get into the burnt hit area you are very likely inhaling unhealthy chemicals. I've always done my best to avoid that. Best of luck with it :thumb:

There are few things I hate more than going to the dentist. One of them is a dry hit, even if mild.

The taste is just way too bad for me to take. Maybe I have snowflake taste buds. ;)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
maybe try another cotton. With Kendo I get a cotton taste a couple of puffs before an actual dry hit

Cotton is cotton no matter from who or where if you look at its properties, all cotton acts the same way. It flows the juice inside the fiber thus its expanding so the fibers burn then plug one at a time till all fibers are plugged and dryhitting begins. Lots of range of reasons why the coil burns out so fast. Rayon will solve the dryhitting problems you can have with cotton. Rayon has opposite properties of cotton. The juice flows outside the fiber so no plugging of fibers like cotton. Being in France...rayon might be a challenge to get but well worth it for a better quality vape.

but maybe its just an over dose of nicotine

Learn not to inhale every massive cloudz vape. The puff-inhale in one motion is what you did with a smoke that you have to break that habit. One can take massive cloudz hits and not inhale. The mouth absorbs some nic but not as efficiently as the lungs do so no need to inhale then begin to buzz after a couple good hits. Vaping is a technique you have to learn, not just light, smoke then crush like a ciggy.

As for dryhits, I know for a fact my wife hasn't dryhitted once since I discovered rayon..3+ years ago. I haven't had a dryhit in years either. Come to think of it, my last dryhit was a cotton wicking eons ago prolly in a protank.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There are few things I hate more than going to the dentist. One of them is a dry hit, even if mild.

LOL, I hear ya Eskie :)

The taste is just way too bad for me to take. Maybe I have snowflake taste buds. ;)

Well, there are dry hits and burnt hits. I vaped drippers and squonkers for a few years and they all start out wet after you drip or squonk and get slowly drier as the wicks empty and the coils get drier. Large juice wells really help keep things constant, but there is still change. I guess it all depends on how dry you consider a negative thing. I used to enjoy the change as things dried out within a certain range, but that's just me :)

I also vaped Genisis atties for a while. When those coils get a short, and they will, you end up with what I can only call a dry hit from hell. I think I also prefer going to the dentist than that :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread