Dry Mouth? Use Biotene!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I highly recommend using Biotene Dry Mouth Gum, toothpaste and mouth rinse for new vapers experiencing dry mouth. I know everyone says to drink lots of water. I can only handle so much lquid and then I'm done. I was really having a problem not being able to "taste" any of the e-liquids I bought. Started using the Biotene gum and whammo! I can taste the French Vanilla!!! Yay!!!!

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
It also cuts through the "film" that some of us have been experiencing collecting on the tongue, etc.. Dentists recommend it for patients experiencing dry mouth. It stimulates saliva production. All I can say is that after a week of not tasting anything, I started using this stuff and can now taste all the wonderful flavors!

PS: No, I do NOT work for Biotene or the dental community. This tip was recommended by a friend.

nuckingfutz

Moved On
Oct 30, 2010
Potatoville
  • Deleted by AngusATAT

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
wow, looks like I'll be going to walgreens in the AM. my flavor loss is rediculous! all im getting is vapor lately, not tasting much of anything, although all my vapes smell amazing!

One thing about the gum. It does have a mint flavor BUT, it does fade pretty quickly so you can really taste the flavor of your liquid. The pieces are small enough that you don't look like a kid chomping away on Bazooka....

Keep chewing on it and you'll be amazed at the saliva production!

my2heartboys

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Kansas, USA
I am a dental assisting student and we have recently covered what dry mouth does to the teeth. Saliva production is our body's way of self washing the mouth. Dry mouth can cause the bacteria in your mouth to multiply thus increasing the acid that they produce and increasing the probability of tooth decay.

If you are dealing with dry mouth, please, please, don't suck on sugary candy...this will only speed up the process above. Take time to do proper oral care as often as possible throughout the day (this serves two purposes....actually clean out the bacteria AND moisturize the mouth). Gum with xylitol in it can help as well because the xylitol inhibits bacterial action within the mouth.

HTH and that I did not insult anybody.

Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread