Status
Not open for further replies.

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
Ok so just now I broke out a clean carto, had them in a bag of rice since Friday, put juice in it, attached it to my PV, took a drag, nothing, no vapor at all. Is this what happens after u clean a carto, it stops working entirely??

According to the video I linked to, he says they come out about 90% as good as new after one cleaning. He says you can clean them about 5 or so times, I think. Did you dry them out well before you put them in the rice? I think they are supposed to be almost completely dry before the rice, and the rice will absorb what little moisture is left...

Are you getting any airflow through the middle? I have some cartos that got so gunked up that I couldn't even get any airflow. But, I still haven't gotten a syringe to try to clean them completely...

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
According to the video I linked to, he says they come out about 90% as good as new after one cleaning. He says you can clean them about 5 or so times, I think. Did you dry them out well before you put them in the rice? I think they are supposed to be almost completely dry before the rice, and the rice will absorb what little moisture is left...

Are you getting any airflow through the middle? I have some cartos that got so gunked up that I couldn't even get any airflow. But, I still haven't gotten a syringe to try to clean them completely...

They are working fine now, thanks Snus!!

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
Cool, what did you do to them? How would you rate the taste compared to brand new ones?

I just dripped one drop down the center, blew it out into a napkin, 2 hits without pressing the button, 1 ten second hit and then it started working haha and I dont taste much difference, they are working pretty good!!!

Mike36609

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
Mobile, AL
I put my cartos on the dash of my van when I am parked at work, or at the mall, or as I did this weekend, when I am at the movie theater... green energy baby! I also think this helps some with any residual taste/odor that might be present in the carto.

Just be sure to secure all of your cartos before the car starts moving.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
When I first started using cartos I tried the cleaning route and it was just too time consuming when cartos are so cheap. Also, whenever I have taken one apart the material wrapped around the coil has always been burnt. Cleaning wont solve that problem. Also, there's just nothing that beats the experience of vaping on a fresh new carto. I use one for a couple days and toss it.I try to plan ahead and buy them in bulk every few months to save money.

Last edited:

judy j

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
louisiana
I cleaned my mega dc cartos a couple of days ago and just let them drain. I have COPD and can't blow too hard. The filler material was soggy today so I got the idea of using a can of dust remover and sprayed inside the carto from the battery end. A lot of fluid came out. I told my hubby about it. He does not want me to use the cartos because he wasn't sure if they were safe. Does any one know if can dust remover is safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread