DSE 601 Pipe Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
Explain further please: what is your intent?
If you mean a 'rock' in drug terms, no one here will help you with that, I'm sure...
And if you mean a rock from the ground outside, it likely won't vaporize at any temp (depending on its composition), at least, not any temp that any atty would be capable of nearing... and I really don't understand why you would want to...

I'm not familiar with the atomizer in question, but with attys in general, if you increase the power, you increase the temp...
Hope this helps...
Again, I may not understand what it is you are trying to ask....

BenJammin

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Richmond Virginia, USA
Charm, I hope you haven't given up on PV's yet. I see from your profile, it's been a little over a month since you were last active on the boards. Sometimes it can be discouraging when you can't seem to find "the perfect device." I'm responding to your question in hopes that you may still be lurking or that someone else will find this info useful.
First off, I'm going on the assumption that you were being figurative instead of literal. Ya ain't gonna vaporize no rocks with anything you could comfortably stand within 200 yards of. However; if what you want is tons more vapor out of a DSE 601 atty you're going to have to burn the village to save it. The atty in a 601 is built-in and hard-wired to the circuitry mounted to the battery holder inside the bowl. Removing the atty WILL destroy the Pipe as you know it. I have just successfully butchered a pipe I had written off for dead and harvested the atty out of it. Wasn't that difficult, past leaks had caused the wood to swell and crack making it easy to slide out of the stem. Essentially what I did next was mate the power leads on the atty (the orange ones) to the RED and BLACK conductors of a USB cable. I installed a momentary contact switch in line with the positive lead (the RED one) so it only applies voltage when the button is pressed. I put all of this in a housing I fashioned out of Klein 10 in 1 electrician's screwdriver, juiced the atty with 4 to 6 drops, and put the original pipe mouth piece on it. Plugged into my desktop PC, I am now direct drip vaping a 601 at 5 volts! Not brave enough to risk melting a cart in this thing, but with enough juice it might work out.
How's this for a Frankenstein?
benjammin-albums-pipe-based-mod-picture28269-dscn0282.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread