Status
Not open for further replies.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
The Lady pipe takes a proprietary atomizer that looks like a penstyle 801 atomizer but is different. You cannot use a normal 801 atomizer on the lady pipe.

the minipipe will use almost any 801 penstyle atomizer....i have use a BE112 atomizer on my minipipe. much better than the stock 4-hole atomizer. the new 801 atomizer from ruyandirect will not work...no airflow

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
the 601 is like a raging rhino:D

My 'raging rhino' hit my doorstep this afternoon from Ruyandirect. Ordered on 5/4, left China on 5/7, at customs on 5/9 and here right now. First battery is in the charger for the oh so painful recommended 12 hour charge time. Tomorrow morning I will officially be able to join in on this thread.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
My 'raging rhino' hit my doorstep this afternoon from Ruyandirect. Ordered on 5/4, left China on 5/7, at customs on 5/9 and here right now. First battery is in the charger for the oh so painful recommended 12 hour charge time. Tomorrow morning I will officially be able to join in on this thread.

i can safely say you can use the battery once the charger goes green. i have 3 601 batteries..2 that came with the kit and 1 spare. i have charged them till they turn green....sometimes i put them to charge overnight...they are all holding great charge...lasting about 1 full day of vaping each.

dont torture yourself...if its green...go for it :)

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
I ordered my 601 from Shawn at Litecig, but he can't ship until Thursday so I won't have it until Saturday. I also ordered a spare atomizer from Wayne at HG... along with some liquid and some 801 atomizers. I figure this way at least one of the 601 atomizers has a one year warranty.

good move on ordering the extra atomizer. you pretty much have an extra complete e-pipe...minus the jewel cap..if you didnt already order it. you dont need the jewelcap tho to use it.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
the minipipe will use almost any 801 penstyle atomizer....i have use a BE112 atomizer on my minipipe. much better than the stock 4-hole atomizer. the new 801 atomizer from ruyandirect will not work...no airflow

OK, I am confused. It will take an 801 atomizer but not an 801 atomizer...
801 = No airflow (Is this just the atomizers from Ruyan Direct or all 801? I know my Penstyle atomizer I got from PS didn't work nor did my Kissbox atomizer nor Janty Classic.
BE112 = works
RN4072 <--- will this work?

Just trying to understand because this counters what I experienced with the Lady Pipe I had.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
OK, I am confused. It will take an 801 atomizer but not an 801 atomizer...
801 = No airflow (Is this just the atomizers from Ruyan Direct or all 801? I know my Penstyle atomizer I got from PS didn't work nor did my Kissbox atomizer nor Janty Classic.
BE112 = works
RN4072 <--- will this work?

Just trying to understand because this counters what I experienced with the Lady Pipe I had.

BE112 definitely works

the 801 atomizers from ruyandirect...at least the ones i received...do not work....the way the airflow is designed on the RD 801 atomizer is different. i cant think of the words to explain it.

maybe someone who has experienced this situation can explain it better

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
I'm sorry Asidrave, I understand what you are saying with the airflow, that was my experience as well. I had heard of some people altering them to work by filling and opening up the airflow but didn't want to fool with it. I guess what I am wondering is if the Lady Pipe is sold with a BE112 atomizer. I don't have mine anymore so I can't check.
Have you tried the Lady Pipe with penstyle atomizers besides the BE112 and found that it worked? It still seems wrong to me to say that it works with most penstyle atomizers if it only works with a BE112. I am not trying to harass anybody just trying to figure out what works and what doesn't incase I end up getting another lady pipe.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I am puffing on my DSE610 right now. My first impression is that this is not an inhaling device. It is much better suited to be puffed on like a pipe. The draw is so easy, that I can't draw much longer than 4 or 5 seconds. This makes it difficult to produce much of a throat hit, but the vaper is fantastic. If you are looking to get a DSE601 for throat hit and to inhale vaper, look elsewhere.

That said, this is a very, very satisfying device, particularly if you have ever used a pipe before. It feels great in the hand with enough weight to make it noticeable, yet comfortable. I think this will fit very well into my personal harm reduction strategy to wean myself off nicotine (some day) because it is a mellow vaping device. Use it to relax and enjoy the flavor of your smoking fluid. Yes, you can inhale the vaper, but it is not a throat hit monster for me.

The flavor of included cartridges is hard to pinpoint. There is a tobacco taste and some sweetness, but also a slight musty flavor, as well. It is not disgusting to the point that it cannot be vaped, but also a flavor I would never purposely order.

For the price, this is really a wonderful vaping device. Don't expect Screwdriver-like hits. Enjoy it when you are relaxed. I have only been using it for 30 minutes, so I cannot comment on battery life, but I can see myself puffing it with an occassional inhale for an hour or so. Hope my impressions are insightful for potential DSE601 owners.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
i find once you get the 601 atomizer warmed up...the pipe works great. the same way once i get my ruyan bling e-cigar atomizers warmed up..they work great.

breakfastchef...try it with one of your favorite liquids...you can drip with it too....i found once i tried it with menthol...they were a match made in heaven :)

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
i find once you get the 601 atomizer warmed up...the pipe works great. the same way once i get my ruyan bling e-cigar atomizers warmed up..they work great.

Yea, I have been vaping this thing for over three hours. The atomizer is definitely producing better vapor and the throat hit has improved. This is going to be my favorite device for some time to come. When the standard High cart I have plugged in runs dry, I am going to load up one of my favorite juices in a blank. Everyone needs a DSE601!!

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
While I am still very much enjoying my new DSE601, it does not express the e-liquid flavors well, at all. My Kissbox is loads better on producing very nice flavor with a moderate throat hit. The 601 makes all e-liquids taste essentially the same with a slightly reduced throat hit than is provided by the Kissbox (penstlye). This is a great vapor machine, but lacks some finesse. I have tried three different e-liquids from three different sources and even dripped the 601 a few times. Dripping provided a little better flavor, but overall, it is definielty uninspiring. Anyone else noticing this?

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
While I am still very much enjoying my new DSE601, it does not express the e-liquid flavors well, at all. My Kissbox is loads better on producing very nice flavor with a moderate throat hit. The 601 makes all e-liquids taste essentially the same with a slightly reduced throat hit than is provided by the Kissbox (penstlye). This is a great vapor machine, but lacks some finesse. I have tried three different e-liquids from three different sources and even dripped the 601 a few times. Dripping provided a little better flavor, but overall, it is definielty uninspiring. Anyone else noticing this?

ive tried it with a cart of RY4...the throat hit was there for me...but the flavor got lost...i love it with the mint....excellent throat hit and a strong mint taste that i really enjoy.

im gonna try it with 1 or 2 more flavors before my review on monday night

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Look forward to your review asidrave. Throat hit on the 601 is no where near as good as a 6v or 5v device, but vapor production is really nice. The flavor thing getting lost is driving me nuts. I think too much air is getting into the draw and diluting the flavor.

Oh, to the original carts provided with the unit, my wife told me they stink! I do not plan on using them again. Or, at least, until I can get her to leave the house for a day or two.

Last edited:

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
breakfastchef...we should compare flavors that work with the pipe :)

stock cart liquid....plenty of flavor..of what..i still have no idea:confused:

Mint: very minty...great taste :)

RY4: sort of tasting like a burnt caramel 8-o

555: only a hint of flavor

Mint and RY4 are from ruyandirect...cut 50/50 with VG

555 from PS...cut 50/50 with VG

all the flavors give great vapor and throat hit for me.

im gonna try apple, peach, coffee and banana...drip only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread