DSE-601 E-Pipe review by asidrave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipsmak

Aug 12, 2009
I placed my order for the DSE-601 from healthcabin.net and it cant get here soon enough. The e cig i have is a 901 and I only have on battery and it sucks. This is my first post and I just wanted to let everyone know how excited I am. I will let you know what I think or if i had any problems with healthcabin (I doubt I will from what I have read about them) seeing as this is my first order from them.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Nice job on your reviews. There are some really bad videos out there but you have done a really good job of reporting the facts of your devices. I don't need all the rating systems and stuff like that just an honest opinion and issues are what I am looking for. Keep doing these reviews. I will be subscribing to your youtube channel in a bit.

Happy Vapin

Current PVs 801/901/510/401/KR808/PSPT/ and waiting for the Prodigy....

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Nice job on your reviews. There are some really bad videos out there but you have done a really good job of reporting the facts of your devices. I don't need all the rating systems and stuff like that just an honest opinion and issues are what I am looking for. Keep doing these reviews. I will be subscribing to your youtube channel in a bit.

Happy Vapin

Current PVs 801/901/510/401/KR808/PSPT/ and waiting for the Prodigy....

thanks for the kind words:)....i also don't believe in the ratings system....i let the product speak for itself.

i still use the 601 daily...it is my primary device...it is truly a workhorse for me

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
So in your HO is it worth the $200? IDK I think the Prodigy will do just fine for me. The PS PT is awesome.

A DSE601 starter kit runs around $60; the Ruyan e-pipe kit is $178. Two different manufacturers.

I do not think comparing the e-pipe to other devices, particularly high voltage devices, is necessarily fair. The pipe produces very good vapor and has moderate to low throat hit. The device is powered by a 3.7v battery where a device like the Prodigy is running at 5v. The pipe is a lot about form factor. It is a relaxing device to use, but not the one I turn to for a solid hit. I use my DSE601 everyday along with other devices. I would not be completely satisfied with the pipe as my only device.

I envision that I will be down to three primary devices by week end: Super T1, DSE601 and a DIY pass through using 801 atomizers.

Jamrock

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Washington, Dc
I tell ya guys...this pipe is great.

If anyone has any questions about the pipe...please feel free to ask :)

Asidrave,

Many thanks for your video reviews, which helped to convince me to get the pipe. I had a few issues initially with the vapor volume, but managed to sort it out by ensuring a better connection between the wick in the cart and the atomizer. While the batteries last a reasonably long time (not a day for me!), they don't exactly produce at the same level throughout, which I suppose, is to be expected.

Jamrock

Jamrock

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Washington, Dc
oopsie, sorry to hear you went back to analogs in May, Asidrave. I've been having a hard time with the DSE601 - been through 4 atomizers, all of them problematic -little or no vapor. Much as I enjoy the DSE601 (my wife has one which actually works!), I think I'm going to have to give it a thumbs down for quality and design.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
@jamrock

does your wife do anything different with her pipe?

did you buy all your pipes...including your wifes from the same place?

did you give one of your pipes to your wife to see if she could get it to consistantly work?

i bought a spare 601 kit just before i went back to analogs and it has been sitting in its box for months. i just broke it out today and it works great :)

my old 601 is still running strong...the wood bowl is in very poor shape...cracked and warped and the jewel cap ring came loose.

all 3 of my ruyan e-cigars are also still working great

Jamrock

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Washington, Dc
@jamrock

does your wife do anything different with her pipe?

did you buy all your pipes...including your wifes from the same place?

did you give one of your pipes to your wife to see if she could get it to consistantly work?

i bought a spare 601 kit just before i went back to analogs and it has been sitting in its box for months. i just broke it out today and it works great :)

my old 601 is still running strong...the wood bowl is in very poor shape...cracked and warped and the jewel cap ring came loose.

all 3 of my ruyan e-cigars are also still working great

Thanks for your response, asidrave. I bought the pipes from three different suppliers. The first supplier has given me two replacements so far, while the other supplier is in the process of replacing the atomizer that came with that kit.

My wife's came from Heavens Gifts, I think. No, my wife doesn't do anything different with her pipe (in fact, I use it more than she does!). Since my last message, I've discovered that the last replacement atomizer that I got works well with NO cart in it. If I drip directly on the atomizer, works like a charm. Go figure. I'm contemplating the Ruyan e-pipe as an alternative. I must say that when the DSE601 works, it's a real pleasure, but it's been such a hassle to get it to work!

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks for your response, asidrave. I bought the pipes from three different suppliers. The first supplier has given me two replacements so far, while the other supplier is in the process of replacing the atomizer that came with that kit.

My wife's came from Heavens Gifts, I think. No, my wife doesn't do anything different with her pipe (in fact, I use it more than she does!). Since my last message, I've discovered that the last replacement atomizer that I got works well with NO cart in it. If I drip directly on the atomizer, works like a charm. Go figure. I'm contemplating the Ruyan e-pipe as an alternative. I must say that when the DSE601 works, it's a real pleasure, but it's been such a hassle to get it to work!

This sounds to me like you might have a problem with your carts. Do you both use the same cartridges? Different suppliers/time purchased/prefilled versus self-filled...
I find that the ones I filled myself (and I fill them to the BRIM) with a VG base work so much better than the stock ones did, which also often seemed just a little less than full.

Also, you can reattach the jewel cap ring with superglue- I personally used "Gorilla Glue" brand, but I'd assume most other super/krazy/nail (as in for artificial fingernails-ridiculously strong and easy to apply) glues would work. Just scrape off the old glue and make sure the bowl and ring are nice and dry when you attach. I held it in place for about 10 seconds and then let it cure overnight while I slept. By morning, that glue was set rock hard, and it dries clear in case you get a wayward drop.

Jamrock

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Washington, Dc
This sounds to me like you might have a problem with your carts. Do you both use the same cartridges? Different suppliers/time purchased/prefilled versus self-filled...
I find that the ones I filled myself (and I fill them to the BRIM) with a VG base work so much better than the stock ones did, which also often seemed just a little less than full.

Also, you can reattach the jewel cap ring with superglue- I personally used "Gorilla Glue" brand, but I'd assume most other super/krazy/nail (as in for artificial fingernails-ridiculously strong and easy to apply) glues would work. Just scrape off the old glue and make sure the bowl and ring are nice and dry when you attach. I held it in place for about 10 seconds and then let it cure overnight while I slept. By morning, that glue was set rock hard, and it dries clear in case you get a wayward drop.

Thanks for your input, Raenon. I've used different cartridges, with the same results. I even borrowed the cartridge that works perfectly with my wife's e-pipe, but got the same result. I've tried filling carts to the brim too. They work for a couple of puffs and then nada. What I'm doing with my current atomizer is to put a filled cart in the atomizer chamber, puff until I get nothing, then pull out the cart. That ensures (it seems) that the atomizer is evenly exposed to the e-liquid. And yes, I've used VG based e-liquid too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread