DSE-901 Automatic vs Manual ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA Slim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2009
Boynton Bch., FL USA
I'm a auto girl. After 4 1/2 mos. of vaping, my preference is auto because it is most like smoking. (My credo....loved to smoke, love to vape.) Just don't want to push buttons, etc. I have a USB PT that is manual, only use it for dry burns occasionally. Everyone has a different need, it's nice that there is a choice. Vape On!

bikergirl1908

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2009
Georgia
Which is the best to get, the 901 Automatic or the 901 Manual?

Hey PurKat,

IMHO, I don't think there is a "best to get". I think it all comes down to personal preference. I have used both and they both work fine. If you don't want to push a button, try the automatic. If you want to be able to control how long you can heat your atty, try the manual. If it's cost efficient, get both and see which you prefer. :)

Good luck and happy vaping!

jayhawk

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
Kansas
I have used both and ive never quite got all the hype about the manual ,i mean you have to drag on the e-cig either way so why bother pushing a button plus you always have to adjust where the button is if you use a whistle tip and it doesnt shorten the drag any, but if you can afford to give it try maybe you will feel different good luck jddehoff

mallie233

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Homewood, Al
I have used both and ive never quite got all the hype about the manual ,i mean you have to drag on the e-cig either way so why bother pushing a button plus you always have to adjust where the button is if you use a whistle tip and it doesnt shorten the drag any, but if you can afford to give it try maybe you will feel different good luck jddehoff

well with the autos I have, I have to inhale MUCH harder to get the same throat hit. just easier to push the button. then my cheeks dont get sore!
but like i said, i was wondering if these were different. if maybe these particular ones were easier..

nin_brokenhalo5

Jan 17, 2011
New York
I use manual batteries and am happy with them. One advantage possibly could be that you can press the button an instant before you take your drag and heat up the atty a little and get more vapor. Anyone agree?

I find that the battery life is about two hours when I am vaping heavy. I find myself changing the battery out two or three times a day, but I don't wait until they are completely dead..just when I feel the throat hit waning and I know that my cart is filled.

Waiting on a manual USB PT any day now. Looking forward to trying it.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The only downside I know of for manuals is they won't fit in the hard tubular-sectioned cigarette-pack-look PCCs for DSE901. However to have a PCC for manuals you could use the much less roomy KR808D-1 PCC which is a rather heavy flat metal case like a rectangular compact. Holds just 1 battery, 1 atty, 1 cart.

And just FYI, although KR808D-1 and DSE901 have the same threads, their air inlets are different. So if you want to use KR808D0-1 prefilled or or blank cartos on a DSE901 then I believe you need an adapter.

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
And just FYI, although KR808D-1 and DSE901 have the same threads, their air inlets are different. So if you want to use KR808D0-1 prefilled or or blank cartos on a DSE901 then I believe you need an adapter.

I will confirm this. The 901 atty will work with no adapter on a KR808 battery, but you will need an adapter if you try a 901 battery with a 808 carto, due to the lack of an air inlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread