Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda333

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
www.youtube.com
YouTube - Joye-510 VS DSE-901 (part 1)
Decided to do a little head to head since I have A few extra kits I'm trying to get rid of.. Just so you know, even with the dark background,, The video doesn't do the vapor justice.. They are both great vapes.. Basically comes down to, do you a little more vapor, or a little more taste?
Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested in buying any of the demos

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Not clear on the polls focus so I couldn't vote.

As I'm using an SD and an AR I can't address the battery aspect, only the atomizers.

I've been using 510's equally in daily rotation with 901/4075's for about 4 1/2 months and find no real fault with either. That is to say I carry 1 of each every day. Had the SD for right at 1 1/2 months now, got an AR at the same time so that rotation has continued to this day.

My experience:
The 510's vapor falls off when the battery drops to around 3.85v
The mini's, either manf, is good for me down to 3.75v
Both function acceptably below those points, just not premium vape.

Both perform equally with respect to throat hit and amount of vapor when all else is equal. There is a difference to me in flavor twixt the 2, tobacco/carmelly/nutty stuff is better in the minis, sweet stuff is more pronounced in the 510.

The mini's lose their brand new 'snap' after 5 or 6 days but I'm averaging 3 weeks of totally acceptable use from them.

The 510's have a break-in phase, damned if I know what exactly is breaking in but the phenom is real. This will last from 1 to 2 days, and then they hit their stride. They beat the mini's hands down in life-span as I get 4 weeks easy out of em, the one I'm using right now is over 6 weeks and still fogs strong.

510's need to be blown out at least once a day, 901's 3 days before needing that is common. I'm sure it's me but I can't get away from flooding 4075's. Go figure.

I was closing in on trogs vaping philosophy on my own prior to reading some of his threads. Carts, rarely drip, don't flood but keep 'em wet etc. I don't clean the attys', don't take em off the PV at all other than to blow 'em out when needs be.

Depending on what you mean by lasts longer, I tend to get longer life from the 510 atomizer.

Gawd but he ramble's....
:)

cuda333

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
www.youtube.com
My test consists of 4 samples.. 2 joye 510's, and 2 DSe-901's. Each with 1 man, and 1 auto battery..I plan on vaping only these 4 e-cigs until they stop preforming...
Basically the poll just asks which of the 2 models will last\perform longest..
I plan on posting updates every now and then just to keep the poll and thread alive..
Hope that's enough info for you to cast your vote

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
My first model was the Fifty-one. Okay but couldn't reload the cartridges—anyone interested in everything but the carts for the Fifty-one, let me know.
I've owned four models. Well, actually three since two were 901's which I got from two different suppliers. The first 901 was so-so at first but improved with age. Knowing it was about to give out, I ordered another one. About the same time, I ordered my mini.
The second 901 sucked big time.
I've had it for quite a while now and used it only a few hours. It's the most frustrating thing ever.
The mini was awesome which makes it hard to really break in the 901 to see if it improves with age which I doubt because I’m pretty sure it’s the batteries.
Unfortunately I ordered extra atomizers. I’ve pretty much decided to build Nicostick Pass-through’s for home and the car for them.

cuda333

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
www.youtube.com
My first model was the Fifty-one. Okay but couldn't reload the cartridges—anyone interested in everything but the carts for the Fifty-one, let me know.
I've owned four models. Well, actually three since two were 901's which I got from two different suppliers. The first 901 was so-so at first but improved with age. Knowing it was about to give out, I ordered another one. About the same time, I ordered my mini.
The second 901 sucked big time.
I've had it for quite a while now and used it only a few hours. It's the most frustrating thing ever.
The mini was awesome which makes it hard to really break in the 901 to see if it improves with age which I doubt because I’m pretty sure it’s the batteries.
Unfortunately I ordered extra atomizers. I’ve pretty much decided to build Nicostick Pass-through’s for home and the car for them.

I just ordered my first cartomizer.. I've read many pasts commenting on the great taste they produce..
I've hd great luck with the newer DSE-901 battery's. Not super sound sensitive like the older ones.. And so far the manual battery is working awesome.. I look forward to seeing how they hold up side by side in the ling run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread