DSE601 Users with eGo or Riva?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBommer

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I've only been vaping since 9/12/10. I started with the Greencig g300, KR808 and Dse601. I've found that over that short time, I've come to depend mostly on my 601; I'm using the g300 and Kr808 less and less. I never would have thought I'd get over the "needs to look like an analog" thing so fast.

Not only do I like the performance (vapor & TH) of the 601 better, I also like the convenience: longer battery and cart life. The down side to the 601 for me is that it's difficult to carry in a pocket; grabs too much attention in some situations; requires a lot of TLC; might crap out on you when you least expect it.

My question is: Are there any DSE 601 users out there who are also using one of the eGo or Riva type PVs as well? If so, I'd love to here how it compares (performance wise) to the 601.

I ask because I'm looking for something to replace my cig-style g300 and Kr808. I'd like it to perform similar to the 601 (vapor, TH, battery and cart life) without the 601 negatives mentioned above.

(I also can't wait for the Janty ePipe. I hope they get it right!)

Thanks.

Last edited:

TreverT

Sep 10, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I have a 601 and an eGo. Got the 601 initially because I was just curious to see how an epipe compared to a conventional pipe, then enjoyed it so much I wanted to try something else. Also, unfortunately, I have the same problems everyone else has had - Mine just died. It lasted about a month, and even with careful cleaning and airgun clearing of the passage through the flow switch, it just stopped making vapor. I've got another one that I was given by a kind vendor and it's also middling, and I think it's starting the fade process also. Those things seem good for about two weeks, then tepid, then you're getting headaches drawing so hard on them trying to get them to produce any vapor.

So! I got an eGo next. It is worlds better than the 601, IMHO. It doesn't offer the convenient hand-holding of the pipe shape, and the round bit is weird compared to a pipe's flat bit, but it is a serious workhorse. It seemed to require a little break-in period - It was a bit harsh at first, but over the past month I have shifted to using the eGo almost exclusively instead of the 601. The battery life is longer, for me. Don't ask me why, I don't know the mechanics behind it and I realize the 850mah battery in the pipe should last longer than the 650mah battery in the eGo, but in my experience, I would sit down in the evening to smoke the 601 while watching TV, and have to change batteries after an hour or two. The eGo will last all evening and most of the next day. The difference is striking. And the cartridges, though smaller, wick SO much better than the 601's. I don't mind adding a few more drops over the course of the evening, compared to the constant flooding/dry heaving behavior I had with the 601. The fact that I can drop it into a shirt pocket and take it to the cigar & pipe shop to smoke just helps its case. I just find it more of a reliable smoking tool all around, compared to the finicky and temperamental 601. YMMV, and all that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread