Status
Not open for further replies.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Scroll up on this same page and you'll see my dual coil build from last night.
Doable... yes
Enjoyable... YES

1.4 ohms @ 4.4 volts
Steaming away, flavor punch to the mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'll bet it is a WARM vape also! Which was the first thing I notice with my puny single coil ZAP. You will have to call yours the "Dragon Fire" Dom special.

Dominick0311

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Long beach
I'll bet it is a WARM vape also! Which was the first thing I notice with my puny single coil ZAP. You will have to call yours the "Dragon Fire" Dom special.

Lol mines nothing special enough to dub it's own name, but it is indeed a warm vape. Gave me hiccups first couple times I vaped it lol

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Lol mines nothing special enough to dub it's own name, but it is indeed a warm vape. Gave me hiccups first couple times I vaped it lol

You do know the hiccups is from the Nicotine, more than you are accustom to. I used to have the same problem when I tried to quit cigarettes by using Skoal. As a matter of fact every time I take a new dip I would get the hiccups for about five or ten minutes.

Dom, I think you have the same problem I have "if a little does a little good..." more is "Gooder". ;)

I just purchased a sale deal from Vapage of 36 mg juice because with my Pro Tank II I found I would sit here watching TV and just chain vaping to get enough Nic to be satified. No I am scared to death that if I use that stuff in the ZAP it will be like when I was sixteen and took a couple of big hits on a cig and would get lightheaded and dizzy.

Last edited:

Dominick0311

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Long beach
You do no the hiccups is from the Nicotine, more than you are accustom to. I used to have the same problem when I tried to quit cigarettes by using Skoal. As a matter of fact every time I take a new dip I would get the hiccups for about five or ten minutes.

Dom, I think you have the same problem I have "if a little does a little good..." more is "Gooder". ;)

I just purchased a sale deal from Vapage of 36 mg juice because with my Pro Tank II I found I would sit here watching TV and just chain vaping to get enough Nic to be satified. No I am scared to death that if I use that stuff in the ZAP it will be like when I was sixteen and took a couple of big hits on a cig and would get lightheaded and dizzy.

Yeah now that I think about it I did switch from like a 3mg to a 6mg lol.
I dripped a 12 for like three days, two hits and I was dizzy, gave the bottle away lol

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
As long as the Provari doesn't exceed 3.5 amps. It will work. I wish the Provari had a bigger amp limit. That's the only thing that I don't like about my two.

Jimi,

Do you happen to know what the max recommended current for an 18650 is? I sure hope you do or I will have to spend some time searching the answer.

I have formed a subjective opinion that some of the limits on these APVs is for safety to lessen the stress on the battery. Now I guess I will have to go objective and look up the truth of how much these batteries can put out without scorching my nose.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Yeah now that I think about it I did switch from like a 3mg to a 6mg lol.
I dripped a 12 for like three days, two hits and I was dizzy, gave the bottle away lol

Holy Cow - Now your making me think about a dual coil system... I can't afford this hobby. I am going to have to start talking like MoshesMom, "I did it to help the country's economy" :p

Dominick0311

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Long beach
Holy Cow - Now your making me think about a dual coil system... I can't afford this hobby. I am going to have to start talking like MoshesMom, "I did it to help the country's economy" :p

Get at it buddy! I figured if I got an atty that can do dual coils why not take advantage of it. Difficult part is it's on a vari. But micro coils make it a bit easier. If I had never wrapped a micro before and went in trying to learn it would've been a whole other story

Do you have a dual coil atty?

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
:blink: You guys were right. Thanks for setting it straight, and sorry for putting out bad info.

StarsAndBars,

No problem... When I bought my first e-cig I had no idea which end was up and I sure as heck never thought I would have to learn Ohms Law. I just wanted to puff on something that wasn't going to kill me.

This is one of those deals where reading the manual is mandatory... something that I am not accustomed to doing. :blush:

Dominick0311

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Long beach
Vapor production from the dual coil building posted
tybybeme.jpg

y4eny8yd.jpg

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Lol yeah sorry of I came off rude to Holman! Not my intent
And to be honest I was asking you guys if you had found something that had worked. I had tried one dual coil on my trident, 10 wraps each coil, each one homes out at 1.5 If my memory serves me correct, but didn't work when combined. So my question was if I raised the ohms of each coil to, sayyy 3ohms it should work right?

Yes, 2 3.0 ohm coils would work...

Kanthal A-1 Wire Specs: (Ohms Per Inch)

•28 AWG- 0.439 Ohms/in, 0.0508 Diameter (in.)

•30 AWG- 0.696 Ohms/in, 0.0100 Diameter (in.)

•32 AWG- 1.091 Ohms/in, 0.0080 Diameter (in.)

•33 AWG- 1.383 Ohms/in, 0.0071 Diameter (in.)

•34 AWG- 1.758 Ohms/in, 0.0063 Diameter (in.)

I've got a few more Tridents coming- should be here today.
I'd love to give this a try but there's no way I'm going to dismantle my current build.
Having too much fun enjoying the vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread