The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dual coils on provari doable?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Dominick0311, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. HolmanGT

HolmanGT Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2013
    St. George, UT USA
    I'll bet it is a WARM vape also! Which was the first thing I notice with my puny single coil ZAP. You will have to call yours the "Dragon Fire" Dom special.

2. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    As long as the Provari doesn't exceed 3.5 amps. It will work. I wish the Provari had a bigger amp limit. That's the only thing that I don't like about my two.

3. Dominick0311

Dominick0311 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Long beach
    Lol mines nothing special enough to dub it's own name, but it is indeed a warm vape. Gave me hiccups first couple times I vaped it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

4. HolmanGT

Jul 2, 2013
    St. George, UT USA
    You do know the hiccups is from the Nicotine, more than you are accustom to. I used to have the same problem when I tried to quit cigarettes by using Skoal. As a matter of fact every time I take a new dip I would get the hiccups for about five or ten minutes.

Dom, I think you have the same problem I have "if a little does a little good..." more is "Gooder". ;)

I just purchased a sale deal from Vapage of 36 mg juice because with my Pro Tank II I found I would sit here watching TV and just chain vaping to get enough Nic to be satified. No I am scared to death that if I use that stuff in the ZAP it will be like when I was sixteen and took a couple of big hits on a cig and would get lightheaded and dizzy.

5. Dominick0311

Aug 27, 2013
    Long beach
    Yeah now that I think about it I did switch from like a 3mg to a 6mg lol.
    I dripped a 12 for like three days, two hits and I was dizzy, gave the bottle away lol

6. HolmanGT

Jul 2, 2013
    St. George, UT USA
    Jimi,

Do you happen to know what the max recommended current for an 18650 is? I sure hope you do or I will have to spend some time searching the answer.

I have formed a subjective opinion that some of the limits on these APVs is for safety to lessen the stress on the battery. Now I guess I will have to go objective and look up the truth of how much these batteries can put out without scorching my nose.

7. HolmanGT

Jul 2, 2013
    St. George, UT USA
    Holy Cow - Now your making me think about a dual coil system... I can't afford this hobby. I am going to have to start talking like MoshesMom, "I did it to help the country's economy" :p

8. Dominick0311

Aug 27, 2013
    Long beach
    Get at it buddy! I figured if I got an atty that can do dual coils why not take advantage of it. Difficult part is it's on a vari. But micro coils make it a bit easier. If I had never wrapped a micro before and went in trying to learn it would've been a whole other story

Do you have a dual coil atty?

9. StarsAndBars

StarsAndBars Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2010
    Colorado
    :blink: You guys were right. Thanks for setting it straight, and sorry for putting out bad info.

10. HolmanGT

Jul 2, 2013
    St. George, UT USA
    Dom,

No I don't have a dually. I don't think I could handle one my head is still spinning trying to get used to this ZAP. :drool:

11. HolmanGT

Jul 2, 2013
    St. George, UT USA
    StarsAndBars,

No problem... When I bought my first e-cig I had no idea which end was up and I sure as heck never thought I would have to learn Ohms Law. I just wanted to puff on something that wasn't going to kill me.

This is one of those deals where reading the manual is mandatory... something that I am not accustomed to doing. :blush:

12. Dominick0311

Aug 27, 2013
    Long beach
    Vapor production from the dual coil building posted [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Dominick0311

Aug 27, 2013
    Long beach
    Get one!!!

14. HolmanGT

Jul 2, 2013
    St. George, UT USA
    Dom, you ain't fooling me. You PhotoShoped in a picture of Mount Pinatubo. :)

thCA481GZQ.jpg

OK - what brand of tank are you using and where did you get it?

15. Dominick0311

Aug 27, 2013
    Long beach
    Lol I'm using a trident

16. HolmanGT

Jul 2, 2013
    St. George, UT USA
    Dom,

Anything that can put out that much vapor and is not hooked to a car battery... I gotta get me one.

17. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    I've got a few more Tridents coming- should be here today.
    I'd love to give this a try but there's no way I'm going to dismantle my current build.
    Having too much fun enjoying the vape.

18. HolmanGT

Jul 2, 2013
    St. George, UT USA
    Dom,

If you were rude I sure didn't notice so whatever you said couldn't have been that bad.

Actually I tried to trace back to see what you said but this thread has gotten so mixed up I never found anything that I thought was rude. Beside I have pretty thick skin.

19. Dominick0311

Aug 27, 2013
    Long beach
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. jd1978

jd1978 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    us
    IGO-W on my ProVari.
    uploadfromtaptalk1392003310133.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392003326283.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392003344558.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392003362571.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.