dual USB inputs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
yesterday I got my USB charger chip in the mail for my build. Upon opening it, I found that the chip has two USB ports on it. Did I get the wrong thing or do I just not use the other one? I was thinking maybe one was an input and one was an output so that it could charge a cell phone or something. Pretty much like an MVP. Anyway, it was cheap enough that I wouldn't even send it back, I would just need to buy the correct part as soon as possible. This is what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/dmSJsyz.jpg

Doug_xx2

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Penn Yan, ny
yesterday I got my USB charger chip in the mail for my build. Upon opening it, I found that the chip has two USB ports on it. Did I get the wrong thing or do I just not use the other one? I was thinking maybe one was an input and one was an output so that it could charge a cell phone or something. Pretty much like an MVP. Anyway, it was cheap enough that I wouldn't even send it back, I would just need to buy the correct part as soon as possible. This is what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/dmSJsyz.jpg

I bought two of those to. You got em from eBay (here 2pcs 1A Lithium Battery Charging Board 5V Micro USB Charger Module | eBay) right? I used the evolve charger in my mod because it was half the size but yeah that is two separate usb charging boards. You don't want to just break em apart I would carefully use a razor to score down the seam between the two boards several times on both sides to make sure they come apart clean and then very carefully snap them on the seam.
You do see the obvious seam between the two right?

Unless of course you want to use each one to charge a separate battery then maybe you could mount both. That would be pretty big though.

The reason you are going to want to score them first is because if they don't come apart on that seam just right the conductive surface could crack and break loose if they didn't score them right at the factory.

Also they put out one amp charge so you want to make sure your battery can take that rate of recharge. I have not tested mine at all they are just sitting in the envelope they came in But I did separate them though.

Also they are charging to 5 volts which would be more than the input voltage of the dna 30 so if you are using a 5 volt battery you would have to step down the voltage before the DNA somehow or you could overload it. and you wouldn't be able to attach it to the charging port holes on the dna board either. Unless I am wrong. Maybe someone else could step in and give a little more info here.

Hope that helps

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
Thanks guys! I have another circuit board question! I'm making my mod out of an original iPod and I've already gutted it but haven't gotten much farther because I still need more parts. Anyway, the click wheel area is going to fire the mod and move the wattage up and down. The I'm not using anything above the wheel. This may be a dumb question but, do I have to keep the whole board intact or can I cut some off the top? I need as much room as I can get!

Side question, if anyone has ever wired the buttons to existing buttons using a circuit board (rather than buying buttons), is that hard to figure out? I haven't seen anyone talk about this on the forum before (granted, I haven't been here very long). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread