Dumb things you've done with your e-cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I've dropped it more times than I care to relate. Each time was not intentional and when I thought it was the last possible thing that could happen.

The latest and worst thing I've done is I took a paperclip and spun it around the center post in the juice well of my KGO battery (my backup) and during this process managed to grab hold of the rubber gasket and spin said center post around and sever the positive electrical connection to it. It was a bit of a boon thought because I decided to take the KGO apart and subsequently learned how to repair eGo style batteries. If anyone has done the same thing or just wants to learn about how to fix this problem please refer to my blog, The Vaper's Handbook (page 2) and read up and look at the picture of KGO guts.

P.S. don't do circles around the center post of any eGo style battery with a paper clip. Use short motions and never complete the circle. Reverse directions often to prevent this problem. Thanks.

goinpostal

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2012
chattanooga
dumbest thing i ever did was try to convert my mother.....she is VERY technically challenged :( in the span of one week she managed to kill 4 setups. this is even with me doing ALL the charging, filling ect for her. last one she had i walked in to see that she had taken ash cap off and poured an unknown liquid in and when that didnt work for her she LIT THE END!!!!! she now wont speak to me because i wont order her another one....did i mention the thing was burning hot for 3 days until it finally gave up and died? the other 3 met similar fates lol. my heart was i the right place because she is a heavy smoker with copd but an ecig exploding in her face would be a really bad thing!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
dumbest thing i ever did was try to convert my mother.....she is VERY technically challenged :( in the span of one week she managed to kill 4 setups. this is even with me doing ALL the charging, filling ect for her. last one she had i walked in to see that she had taken ash cap off and poured an unknown liquid in and when that didnt work for her she LIT THE END!!!!! she now wont speak to me because i wont order her another one....did i mention the thing was burning hot for 3 days until it finally gave up and died? the other 3 met similar fates lol. my heart was i the right place because she is a heavy smoker with copd but an ecig exploding in her face would be a really bad thing!

Thats hilarious! Maybe you could try an automatic battery and pre filled cartridges

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Pulled over on the side of the road to refill my tank. It was a two lane road in rural MA I was hurrying and forgot to put the cap back on the juice bottle which was a dropper bottle. As I pulled back on to the road I spilled the entire bottle of yellow cake batter on to some paper work for work.
The Secretary told me my paperwork smelled very yummy when it arrived at the office :)

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona

Prefilled cartos and an automatic cig-a-like sounds like a better solution for her. Something like the Volt and they have a lot of flavors or Blu if she has allergy to PG liquids.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Had a battery that was acting up. Received a replacement and then got the two mixed up. I'm spending my week end super vaping to see if which was the trouble maker and now they both seem to work fine. I use to be and Technician and my old bosses would have razzed me for this kind of nob mistake.
Stupid stupid stupid. Always mark the trouble maker with a tag.

SusanSue

Moved On
Sep 21, 2012
Denver
  • Deleted by oldsoldier
  • Reason: shilling is not allowed

goinpostal

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2012
chattanooga
Thats hilarious! Maybe you could try an automatic battery and pre filled cartridges
yea, that was the first thing i tried.somehow she took the little metal rings off both the battery and the cartridges so that even with 2 pairs of pliers u couldnt get them apart. ugh. i tried to make it to where she had to do nothing but put it to her mouth....nope :(

1: Still find myself flicking my Blu like a normal cig (its only been 2 weeks)
2: Last night while laying in bed I used the wrong end of my Blu
3: Friend asked me for a cig at work, I tossed him my Blu pack not even thinking about it
4: Almost used a lighter with my Blu

I think that's about it so far these 2 weeks I've been using an e-cig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread