dropped e-cig in public toilet with fresh water!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was putting down a seat cover my E-cig slipped out of my shirt pocket and fell in the clear toilet water. The e-cig battery is fine and the atomizer seems to work but my concern is contracting any germs while vaping. When it heats up does it get so hot that it can kill germs? I know may be stupid to ask this but i mean come on, I dropped it in a public toilet. And it may have been fresh water with no urine or poo in it but still germs linger in toilets. Any info will help. Thanks...:oops:

Last edited:

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
Wasn't there another thread on here about Voopin'?....LOL.

All kidding aside, if it were me, my vaping would be done for the day. I'd get that thing home' wash everything in mild soap and the hotest water you can stand. Then I'd soak that bad boy in alcohol over night. Then rinse it again in hot water the next morning.
After that it schold be okay. It would all just be in my head knowing I'm vaping on something that took the tidy bowl swim.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
There's more germs on our shoes that we touch with our hands to put on. And on computer keyboards. If it had a carto in it, I'd toss that but the tank is fine after cleaning.

This is one reason why I take two devices to work. Just in case something like this happens. (which it won't as I don't carry mine into the restroom)

New method for taking a voop@_@

I would throw away the tank that is just me...

iz2sick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Burbs of Detroit
Too much sanitizing suggestions.

All you need to do is either

1) Boil the atomizer/tank

or

2) Soak the atomizer/tank in vodka over night then rinse it off the next day and dry

jWipe the battery with alcohol (hell, you could spray Lysol on it). The alcohol alone will sanitize it. Anything more than that isn't going to make a difference. Aside from peace of mind for some people I guess.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Just me, but I'd think of a public toilet every time I used it from that point on. Unless it is a crazy expensive custom mod or something, I'd never be able to enjoy using it. Even if it had been sterilized, I'd always think "poopy water, filthy public poopy water."

As I type this I realize how irrational it may seem but that's just the way I would see it. Which device is it?

Last edited:

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
As I was putting down a seat cover my E-cig slipped out of my shirt pocket and fell in the clear toilet water. The e-cig battery is fine and the atomizer seems to work but my concern is contracting any germs while vaping. When it heats up does it get so hot that it can kill germs? I know may be stupid to ask this but i mean come on, I dropped it in a public toilet. And it may have been fresh water with no urine or poo in it but still germs linger in toilets. Any info will help. Thanks...:oops:

This is totally something that would happen to me. I feel for ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread