Status
Not open for further replies.

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
E-Cigarette Ban: No Facts, No Logic, No Problem - Brandon Arnold - Page full

Coming on the heels of more legislation in Los Angeles...I listened to some of their statements in City Council and these ...... have no clue about anything they speak of.

I'd encourage everyone to be active in defending your rights. Even if you don't live in California, you can write the mayor of Los Angeles and tell him you like to spend your tourist dollars in LA visiting the beaches, etc.

They voted for an outright ban on e-cigs in Los Angeles public spaces, it next goes to the mayor for approval into law within 30 days.

This promising development isn’t slowing down these Senators, including Richard Durbin (D-IL), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Sherrod Brown (D-OH), and their push for a ban on e-cigarettes at the U.S. Capitol. Such a wrongheaded move would be based on little, if any scientific support. In fact, the Senators acknowledge the paucity of evidence in their letter and suggest the ban should be implemented as “an appropriate precautionary step.” This type of “we have to ban them to figure out what’s in them” mentality makes little sense – especially given the potential of e-cigarettes to improve public health.

Meanwhile some of these same busybody lawmakers are also employing pressure tactics on Walgreens, Rite Aid, and the trade association representing chain drug stores to emulate CVS by no longer selling tobacco products in their establishments. Though e-cigarettes do not contain tobacco, the Senators have labeled them as “tobacco products” previously so it’s safe to assume that they would like to see e-cigarettes banned from television, government property, and drug stores.

See? I knew it was being pushed by the select few that have decided they need to control what you do....whether it affects anyone else or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread