E-cig exploding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Did she also hear about the Thousands of people yearly that burn their faces, hands and heads while lighting a cigarette? Or those many instances that people have burnt down their own houses after lighting a cigarette?

I don't remember a creditable instance of someone blowing their face off.. however, there have been several instances of improperly charging an e-cig and having it "explode".

Follow the directions provided by Blu for charging your system, do not leave it unattended or left charging overnight and you should have no issues.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I remember the story from a few years ago, and the reason that it exploded was that the vaper was doing EVERYTHING wrong. He was using an unprotected mod with stacked unprotected batteries that were overcharged and had an attachment with too low of a resistance. It was a recipe for disaster, and could have been easily avoided with a little research and proper precautions.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Given the nature of E-Cig batteries -- at the risk of sounding like i'm editorializing -- it's definitely necessary to be mindful of safety issues. There's a good ECF stickie on this topic: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/19698-abcs-batteries.html

I can't speak about other vapers, but I believe that if i follow some basic precautions and use common sense, vaping is not inherently more dangerous than any number of other things that I do on a daily basis.

To keep the safety issue in perspective, think about all of the fatalities and serious injuries that result from fires caused by cigarettes, not to mention the large numbers of smoking-related deaths (cancer, heart attacks, etc). Yet how often do we see dramatic media coverage calling for tighter regulation or outright bans of cigarettes.

So, short answer; e-cigs can be dangerous, especially if used improperly. But a lot of the reporting is alarmist, and more political than public-health-based.

-- Glenn

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
with all due respect, i think it had everything to do with what you were asking. a direct correlation. you were talking about an idiot who used a vaporizer incorrectly, and here we have stories of people smoking incorrectly. using a cell phone improperly is also related to what you brought up. as are many other situations. even if you dont agree, whats the worst thing that happened, you accidentally read an extra sentence? stop the presses!

that question is rhetorical btw. dont bother replying to me because i wont be checking this thread. first you ask for help and then you are gonna nit pick at the replies? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread