e-cigarette-forum.com THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhl01

Apr 13, 2008
South Wales
Hello.

After having been a sleeping member of this forum for 3 months, I thought it was high time I thanked the good folk on here that have dramatically altered my life for the better. Although you don't know me, the likes of Smokey Joe and Tropical Bob and many more of you have become like friends from whom I sought advice and guidance so often in the past 3 months.

Sorry haven't sussed how to use the smilies yet - doh!

In a nutshell, I quit smoking on 4 Apr this year - the day we went to Disneyland Paris for a few days (baaad move!). Hot tip, don't try quitting 'da fags when your 6 yr old is pestering you 24/7 about riding Dumbo and 'It's a friggin Small World'.

Anyway, I relied on NRT to get me through and this kept me just above pergatory (just). After a week of patches, gum inhalators etc I was a gibbering wreck. Somehow during this period from hell, I found this site.

Too terrified to believe at first, I kept reading and reading. Eventually, I plucked up enough courage to buy my first njoy (note first!!!) After a few days it arrived from Cyprus and I put it together; my hands were shaking, I was that nervous that this was going to be a huge disappointment. OMG - after 3 puffs, not only was there light at the end etc but the preverbial tunnel was rushing towards me at Warp Speed. I finally had found a way of beating this awful addiction.

And it was ALL down to you super folk on here.

3 months on, I have not looked back. Granted this might not be the answer for everyone, but it has changed my life.

The reason I haven't posted previously is that I didn't think I had anything useful to say/add to what's been said before. But I just HAD to say thank you.

As for my observations on e-smoking....

For anyone considering this as an alternative to smoking can I offer the following that I have found useful.....

1. Don't buy 1 e-cig buy at least 3. They break - frequently. But the penstyle ones offered by pillbox and smokester here in the UK and, I think, by Meltrex in the US are superb and cheap (miles better than NJOYs equivalent).

2. Invest in a nice set of tweezers - they will become your 2nd best friend after the e-cig!!!

3. Make sure you buy an extra roll of kitchen towel each week!!! Or is that just me??

Finally - honest,

A sincere heartfelt THANKS to everyone on here - not only from me, but from my children you have helped make them very happy.

That's all, so bye for now.

Jerry

P.S.
Smokey Joe, Tropical Bob, Meltrex, Ratindahat and too many more to mention. If you guys are ever in South Wales, UK, let me know - the drinks and carts are on me.

Spider

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2008
United Kingdom
Hi Jerry, Welcome to the forum! I too was a 'sleeping member' for a while but I've only just started e-smoking a few weeks ago. It's good that you've finally joined!

It's great for everyone to hear that the posts are helpful, they have been invaluable to me too.

Anyway, congratulations on your progress so far and keep it up!

All the best.

Spider

P.S. Looks like luffy isn't the only Welsh resident on this forum!

jhl01

Apr 13, 2008
South Wales
Hi dnakr,

Sorry, should have added you (and all Mods) to the 'free drinks/carts' list above - oopps!

Re your.....

"Welcome Jerry - loved the story - couldn't have been posted at a better time"

Don't know why this is a "better time" but as forums go (and I've been on a fair few!), this one has been the most influential on my life so far.

The above is all true. What I failed to emphasise though was my delight with e-smoking is pails into insignificance compared to the relief on my young sons' faces now that they say that..

"Daddie doesn't smoke anymore".

Just 4 words - but they speak volumes.

If this post helps then, fantastic - dunno why though. You guys/gals (politically correct??) are doing SUPERB work here.

Tropical Bob - clocked the above and thank you. I won't abuse the privelidge.

Till the next time,

Jerry

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
I just meant that today the tension was a little high and a great post like yours shows us why we are all here.

Yes - those 4 words do mean a lot. My kids were thrilled when I switched over. I have no desire to go back to real cigs. Its funny that I smoked them for 30 years and now I can't stand the taste of them.

luffy

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2008
Bridgend
hi Jerry,

I couldn't have said it better myself, I've never been a member of a forum like this before and was a "silent watcher" for quite a while too.

Just wanted to add my thanks to all of you who have posted on this forum it has helped me a huge amount as well as having a great sense of community. I mean lets face it, it's a weird thing we do!

Either you are very, very brave or very, very mad quitting before going to Disnleyland!

I am in Bridgend, where are you? Maybe we can start a movement down here;)

Welcome
luffy

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Welcome, Jerry, and thank YOU. You gave us all a reminder of what this forum is about.

And I have tweezers with me at all times, too. And Go through too damn many paper towels. :D

And, BTW, I LOVE Wales. I've been to Cardiff and Harlech. I was a Castle buff back then. :) ANd I think welsh women have the sexiest accents in the world! :hubba: I forget her name, but when I was a boy I saw a Welsh singer on the Carson show, who used to do duets with Kenny Rodgers, and I soooo fell in love. :hubba: :hubba:

Last edited:

Miss Diane

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
uk
hi jerry
i'm a new member as well / last week / so welcome, everybody's all so helpful . friendly and pleased to help and give you good sound advice. I read your write up smiled-laughed and then cried . I have never been part of a forum like this before but it becomes very infectious quickly.
I tried once to give up smoking before many moons ago i lasted 5 days with the usual gum and patches (they are ok for a long flight) my partner discovered e;cig 4 weeks ago he hasn't had a cigarette since then.I watched him for a few days and he was doing real well but then i run out of baccy and couldn't be bothered to go to the shop to get any so i jumped on the band wagon as well and haven't looked back since not bothered having a cigarette at all, but i am fed up of keep going to pick up the lighters and ash trays i've now banished them to the back of the cupboard.:D

jhl01

Apr 13, 2008
South Wales
Hi Kit,

Haven’t replied thus far because I don’t want to be seen as someone that does so to ‘bump’ their post back to the top.

I really hate that – much more important posts than mine should be on page 1.

Although newish to this forum - member since April 08 believe it or not! - I am not new to Internet Forums and have been a Mod and Admin in the past.

That said, could I say, thanks to you and everyone else for the very kind remarks that have been posted – they really do mean a lot (Oh heck,its Oscars time again). None have gone unnoticed and all have been stored for future reference. Miss Diane, yours was particularly pleasing and Leaford, dunno who the singer was (Ms Bassey ??) but delighted you like Wales – Cymru Rocks!

However, Kit, you asked how I’m “getting on”. To not reply would be rude in my book; so as for how I’m doing.......

Been smoking these things since April and have done the NJOY thing (they’ve bust twice – so not going there again!). Tried numerous, atomisers, batteries and carts etc. Found smokester and will be giving him my custom TFN as I like the penstyle that he sells.

Atomiser is brill – getting about a month out of each one. This is fine by me till another alternative arrives.

Been watching the Loong Totem post with interest and also the Greencig stuff. Could be the way forward depending on cost.

Anyway, thank you for asking and I hope all is well with you and all the other great folk on here.

I’m on a beach down on the Gower , S Wales (Gods Chosen Home) for the next 5 weeks so Internet access will be a bit sporadic so I may not be visible on here for a while (nothing new there then).

Best regards to all and hope you have a great summer.
Jerry

Lady Python

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2008
UK
Hi Jerry. Like Values84 I haven't completely stopping smoking normal cigs (simply because I don't want to but who knows I may well one day) but well done to you. Think of the money you'll save and not give to the government in taxes.

The only drawback (no pun intended) is when you keep seeing another e-cig that looks nice/interesting and suddenly falls into the "must have" wish list:rolleyes:

Still, makes shopping for Christmas and birthday presents easy. Just ask Santa to bring another e-cig or cartridges. My husband and son already know what I want for Christmas:D

To turn the smilies on, go to User CP, scroll down to Edit Options and click, go right down the page until you come to Miscellaneous Options and pick Enhanced - WYSIWYG. That'll turn on the Smilies:D

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
The only drawback (no pun intended) is when you keep seeing another e-cig that looks nice/interesting and suddenly falls into the "must have" wish list:rolleyes:

You know, I think the longest one I kept on my wishlist was Meltrex's. I think it lasted a week and then I had to buy it. Sure glad I did - its one of my favorites. I just don't have the willpower to keep it on my "wish list". I keep saying "but what if that one is the perfect one". I have no willpower :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread