DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It's as easy as Facebook...
Facepaint? What now?

I lived in San Diego for 10+ years. It wasn't until the last couple years I felt a quake recognized it was a quake while it was happening. They can be nerve racking to say the least.
I've lived in San Diego for 45 years and felt maybe 10 earthquakes.
Not a single one has so much as knocked anything off a shelf or in any way damaged anything in any way.

In fact, the only one that actually made me move from my current position was the Northridge quake.
But that was up in northern Los Angeles.

That one did make me get out of bed and stand in a doorway for a minute or so.
:)

How about a Chargers Super Bowl victory or the Padres winning the World Series? ;)
Oh damn, you got that right.

So yeah, I'll trade a hurricane for either one of the above.
Maybe even a small twister.

But yeah, count me out on the flooding thing.

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
None of the quakes I remember were particularly bad. They just make you wonder if this is the "one."

I remember one when I was living out in east county... Sounded like a bomb went off. Very loud. No shaking, but everything shifted with a sudden jolt.

We get them here in Utah quite often. Nothing major... Similar to what it feels like when a large truck or a bus passes by.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
Hey, Kristin has a Tweeter drawing over in:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...z-carrying-cases-august-specials-drawing.html

She needs more twitter followers for the drawing to take place..

I know people on this thread have expressed interest in her cases so I thought I'd cross-post here. -Magnus

Along the same lines... our SCinSC's Drip on Demand has impressed me... I wasn't expecting to be impressed. Sorry if that comes off harsh, I just didn't think it would replace my VapeMate or would balance well. I was wrong.

My pre-review.. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/210892-drip-demand-kit-4.html#post3967735

-Magnus

hobotivo

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
The land Down Under

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I dealt with more than a few in Washington state when St Helens was throwing fits...not my cup of tea...

I remember that "happening". Boston was completely covered in black/grayish "snow" well ash actually.
It wreaked havoc on my asthma, COPD, etc. and it was so freaking ugly and on and in everything.
Calling MMCGee on skype in 20 minutes if your here!
Just messing with ya' Mags!
C.B.

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
Did she make you pick up your toys? :cry:

No...

On her way home she called to tell me she needed a jump to start her car. I told her I'd take a look at it once she got home. When she arrived she immediately proclaimed it was her spark plugs. Hmm... OK...

3 months ago she was having the same problem. Car wouldn't start unless she got a jump. She declared the issue was with her alternator. Being the optimist I am, I figured it was an issue with the battery. Turns out we were both wrong. The positive terminal was covered in corrosion. I cleaned it off, car started without issue.

So while I was looking at her car, I made the suggestion that it was likely a poor connection on the battery due to corrosion like last time.

"No. It's definitely the spark plugs."

"OK, honey. I'm just going to clean the terminal."

After I cleaned the terminal, the car started. She's mad... Seriously? I'm the first to admit I know ZERO about cars. Well, maybe not zero, but definitely not much. Personally, I'm glad it was something simple (and cheap).

She has been complaining about her car a lot lately. I don't blame her. Her daily commute is 1 hour+ with traffic. It's summer and her air conditioner does not work. It's been near 100 the last couple weeks and without A/C it's miserable. I get it. On her last trip to San Diego to visit family, I took her car in to have the A/C serviced. It worked great for a couple weeks and died again. She refused to let me take it back, which is why I had it serviced while she was out of town. So I suggest we trade cars. My car is newer, more reliable (and has A/C) and I would feel more comfortable with her driving it. I work ten minutes from home. I rarely even use my A/C and it's rock solid reliable (knock on wood). She refuses because she doesn't "like" my car. I've offered to buy her a new car, but that's not acceptable either.

She's frustrated. I'm frustrated.

Sorry for the rant. Like I said...

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
I did roll out a reduced version of that contest I was talking about a while back... on the line are two Sweet Vapes mods, a four Drip on Demand systems, and six bottles of Copper Creek nicquids.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...vapes-wood-mods-drip-demand-copper-creek.html

---

Nate, did they apply a foam anti-corrosive at your last service visit? Is it just dirty or do you see blue-copper-fluid crystallized leaching? If it's the later, then see if somebody will double check the positive terminal lead for damage or an incorrect part & sleeve. Just a thought.

Next time she gives you much tell her the other choice was the Flintstone Jump-start and you didn't want her to ruin her shoes. ;-)

-Magnus

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
No, Magnus. I took care of the battery myself. It's less than 12 months old and it's just your standard corrosive battery gunk on the terminal. During my "troubleshooting" phase I did take the battery out and have it tested. It got the two thumbs up, FWIW.

She bought the car (used 2001 Metro) before we got married, so I had no say in it. Not to be out done, I bought my car new (2004 Civic) two weeks later. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread