E-cigarette price locator - a webtool for the vaping community! Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've got many good responses from people about the webtool that I made for the vapers. Here is the thread about it: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-price-locator-do-you-need-such-web-tool.html

A new version with it's own domain has just been put online: E-Cigarette price locator :: E-cigarette spare parts and accessories price comparison tool
If you cannot see it - pplease, wait a bit and come again later, for DNS servers in some destinations may not be updated yet.

For now there's only one supplier - Liberty Flights US. But I hope more suppliers will join to present their items and get the potential buyers after all.

Hope, you'll like it.
Your comments are welcomed.

respectfully,
Denis

Hello,

Some changes have been made to XML feed specification. Please, take a look at it E-Cigarette price locator :: E-cigarette spare parts and accessories price comparison tool (an example is on the main page and in the About section).

To store owners: You are welcomed to get listed free! When the tool becomes popular you'll get additional visitors/buyers! Join today!

To Abe (Liberty Flights): you don't have to change anything in the existing XML feed. It works as usual.

Cool thanks, I'm not a supplier btw, just wondering whether I'll be able to use this tool over in blighty :)

Ok. I got it. Thanks :)

For now the tool is mainly for the US buyers and suppliers but in future it could grow into the international service. If buyers and suppliers will be interested, of course :)

Dear store owners, do not hesitate to join the price comparison tool!

The listing is free of charge!
You'll only need to prepare a simple XML feed ONCE and get potential buyers in future.

If you cannot prepare XML feed, I can try to help you (I'm a web programmer). I'll do it free because I'm interested in adding more suppliers. The only thing will be required is the access to your online store. After setting up the XML feed you can close the access for me.
The question of trust, as you can see. But you can be sure in my good intentions.

There are two stores joined already: Liberty Flights (US) and ValleyVapor.com.

Thank you, Nyte!

Hope, more suppliers will join to make wider choice of products.

I'm ready to help the store owners. I can write a script which will make an XML export suitable for including the store.
The only thing I need is the acces to MySQL database (read only access to categories and products tables will do).

Dear suppliers!

Some changes have been made to the website engine to accept almost any XML feed with products you have!

Only 4 fields that are required:

1) product name
2) product description
3) product url
4) product price

Optional but would help me a lot:

5) product category
6) product subcategory

I think many of you have online store engines that support XML export of the products. Just give me the link to download the XML feed periodically and your store will be connected to the EcigLocator.com!

respectfully,
Denis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread