E-Cigarette report on WTMJ 4 - Milwaukee WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
It was scheduled to air on next Thursday, the 30th and I got word Wednesday night that it was bumped up to this Friday shortly after the FDA released that memo (I suggested, but didn't appear, in the story, so I was updated on it) so we've all been dropping bricks that this wasn't going to be good.

Thankfully, it was one of the more fair and balanced pieces that we've seen. I especially love the Dr. they found that basically said "vape 'em if you got em!" I'm going to do my best to have him if I ever need it! LOL

Last edited:

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Very nice to see a report that was positive for a change. This report is almost in complete opposition to the other news report linked on this forum. It's a good report but I still have a qualm--it's just my nature to always have a qualm LOL.

The research involved with this report as with the other negative reports isn't very thorough. I guess it can be blamed on the time constraint needs of this style of media, but in the end it leaves a lot of questions unanswered and some false ideas. The reporters did mention the FDA report and its findings but it's apparent that they didn't check the validity of the claim (because everyone just automatically believes the FDA these days) or the amount of testing put into the FDA's results (not a good enough sample to get a 'D' in a college class)

Overall it's good to see a positive report to the masses on this excellent product. I guess I'm doomed, however, to always expect but to never receive, a truly well investigated and unbiased news report.

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
Porphy, I agree... I was really worried about this airing when I found out they were bumping it up to this Friday, and I knew there would be something about the FDA findings, but MlrGrl had sent Shelley something that showed the discrepencies with current NRT products and nothing was aired about that.

BUT, overall I thought it was a very nicely done piece in contrast to the many I've seen. I'm not ashamed to have been a part of this one.

MlrGrl, thanks again for putting this together. Just wish they didn't have to do so many darn close-ups, especially in HD. LOL

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
LOL.. See at the end.. Great advertisement for johnsoncreek, apparently they're the only supplier of the liquid. :p Nice news release though. :)

Well, JC is just outside Milwaukee, between here and Madison. lol

I don't know if she knew of them before hand, but when I found out that the airdate was being moved up right after the FDA story broke & I was essentially asked for a comment about the report, I dropped their name, the fact that they were a WI company & the fact they are FDA registered. (Yes; WE all know what that means, but to the untrained eye.....LOL )
I also thought it was funny he made it sound like JC was the only maker of liquid......

Last edited:

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Hey this is a WI broadcast so if plugging JC as the only maker of e-juice helps the WI economy then more power to them. Now if it was CNN, that might make a difference but locals plugging local companies, it's almost expected LOL.

PS - You gals looked great and did an excellent job representing our e-cig community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread