E cigarettes cause cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bovril

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2014
EU
I know that there are many myths and false claims running around, but this was just on the news.
Read this article. [url. cbsnews.com/news/e-cigarette-vapor-filled-with-cancer-causing-chemicals/]E-cigarette vapor has cancer-causing chemical formaldehyde - CBS News there are plenty more if you google it.

Now i'm worried if I should stop vaping or not. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I know that there are many myths and false claims running around, but this was just on the news.
Read this article. E-cigarette vapor has cancer-causing chemical formaldehyde - CBS News there are plenty more if you google it.

Now i'm worried if I should stop vaping or not. What do you guys think?

Yes,
I feel that you are worried.

Do a bit more research and then you can be reassured of your worry or have it assuaged.

CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association

Good luck
I

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
They found it only at high temperatures, none at low temperatures. The difference between a person and test equipment is that test equipment doesn't gag from a dry hit. I can't imagine anyone vaping at temperatures that would cause this. It doesn't matter how much you're turning up the voltage unless you're not wicking fast enough to keep the coil cool. Then it tastes like crap. If it tastes fine, you have nothing to worry about.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I think...

You should break the link because it's policy here that links to junk news and science stories have to be broken so they aren't cross searched to ECF.

If you had just searched one one word here - "formaldehyde" - you would have found out that this is old news and has already been debunked as junk science. ~> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ormaldehype-junk-study-released-jan-21-a.html

That's what I think.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Moved to Media and General News. Also broke link to article of questionable news. Since it has been pointed out that we had threads that discussed the issue, quite extensively and frequently, this one is closed.

All the information you need is in the thread that has been linked by Rick. Even though it is closed, you can read all the rebuttal to the formaldehyde scare. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread