E-cigarettes generate high levels of aldehydes only in ‘dry puff’ conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdawg111

Jun 13, 2015
Experienced vapers tend to be able to spot the signs of a drying wick long before a dry hit is achieved. vape gets hotter, and vape action tapers off then stops.

Experienced vapers do not get dry hits.
Id like to consider myself experienced lol I have 4 RDAs I use and 2 RTAs that are in constant rotation through the day. Many many many times I've (for example) popped off my dark horse after a few hits and screwed on my freakshow followed by whatever else I decide to use and usually they aren't dried out or sometimes I'll drop some just in case, but many times I'll screw that dark horse back on and hit thst button and light up some cotton. I know it has to happen to everyone now and again lol

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
TC, to me, is Still in it Infancy. And will Improve with Each Subsequent Generation.

Unfortunately, since Clones are Ubiquitous to the e-Cigarette market, OEM's do Not have the Option to do Public Beta Testing. And Must rely on the Retail Market to be their Testers.

TC is the Future of e-Cigarette Mods. And I'm sure will Transition into a Regulated Market.

I agree TC and temperature protection systems will improve over time and could well be important in a regulated market depending on how that develops. IMO the majority of vapers out there are using gear that sometimes dry hits like refilable cigalike and eGo type hardware up to mid power tanks. For them this technology is a real game changer.

For the hobbyist, not so much. There are down sides to the way it works right now that may take a long time to get past. Time will tell. But TP is a very good thing for vaping and it's not going to go away (I hope).

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I agree TC and temperature protection systems will improve over time and could well be important in a regulated market depending on how that develops. IMO the majority of vapers out there are using gear that sometimes dry hits like refilable cigalike and eGo type hardware up to mid power tanks. For them this technology is a real game changer.

For the hobbyist, not so much. There are down sides to the way it works right now that may take a long time to get past. Time will tell. But TP is a very good thing for vaping and it's not going to go away (I hope).

I have a TC Mod. For Me, I don't see as much Benefit as some. Because I don't really Vape at High Temperatures.

I can see TC playing a Significant role in a Regulated Market. But, perhaps, not as Vapers intend.

I can Envision TC being a Requirement for some Classes of FDA Approved e-Cigarettes PV's. But I don't think the User will have the Ability to Raise the Temp above a Certain Temperature. Perhaps 400F. Or be Able to Turn Off TC.

I'm sure this will give Rise to the PV eprom Hacks. And threads about How to Jail Break my Mod.

LOL

Reactions: Ryedan

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Id like to consider myself experienced lol I have 4 RDAs I use and 2 RTAs that are in constant rotation through the day. Many many many times I've (for example) popped off my dark horse after a few hits and screwed on my freakshow followed by whatever else I decide to use and usually they aren't dried out or sometimes I'll drop some just in case, but many times I'll screw that dark horse back on and hit thst button and light up some cotton. I know it has to happen to everyone now and again lol

Ya, I think that happened to me once some while ago.

What I do now, if its been so long I cant remember, and if I`m simply to lazy to replace the wicks anyways or even have a look, is one of two things. I hit that button and if it don`t make any noise, I figure its MT. Or.... I put 5-6 drops in it just to see where it is.

Its all good. :?)

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
It's available on the NEJM site here.
Thank you but I was referring to the paper which OP posted the the abstract "E-cigarettes generate high levels of aldehydes only in ‘dry puff’ conditions".

Also I don't know how many here have listened to the interview with Dr F. at RY4 Radio from May 22, 2015, can be found through search engines. It's a very good listen if you haven't. Covers a bit of their last TC experiment, with CE4's and kayfuns though and also he talks about further research areas that he thinks should be studied next. Aldehydes too; acetaldehyde especially

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread