E-Juice making her sick..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toriL

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Virginia, USA
Short story - My sister is an ex-smoker (used nic gum for about 5 yrs though) and her grown daughter lives in her house along with my sisters grandchild. I sent my niece a starter kit and several carto's that I filled with quality juice to get her started. My sister won't let her vape in the house! I've tried to tell my sister that without that incentive she's making it tougher on her daughter to stop smoking. She doesn't care, she doesn't want to "Smell It".

I don't know if my sister is really bothered by the smells or not, or if she just doesn't want to be around it for some other reason.

My hubby hates it, says it stinks - but I think he hates what I am spending on it more than anything and just wants to nag.

Maybe just go in a different room?

Tigress

Jan 7, 2011
Goodrich
I asked her that, she said no that she though it smelled good, it just made her sick for some reason, she doesn't mind me using it in the same room, I made sure before I did anymore.

Short story - My sister is an ex-smoker (used nic gum for about 5 yrs though) and her grown daughter lives in her house along with my sisters grandchild. I sent my niece a starter kit and several carto's that I filled with quality juice to get her started. My sister won't let her vape in the house! I've tried to tell my sister that without that incentive she's making it tougher on her daughter to stop smoking. She doesn't care, she doesn't want to "Smell It".

I don't know if my sister is really bothered by the smells or not, or if she just doesn't want to be around it for some other reason.

My hubby hates it, says it stinks - but I think he hates what I am spending on it more than anything and just wants to nag.

Tigress

Jan 7, 2011
Goodrich
Yes, I can't wear perfume in the house, she also can only burn certain kind of candle/air fresheners. She wants me to quit smoking as much as I myself want to quit, so she told me not to stop vapping, but I'm upset that certain juices make her sick to be around, I'm trying to narrow down wish ones it is shes having the reaction to, but some of them have no labels and a difficult flavor to name.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I had the same problem with hubby and son. The solution is an air purifier when indoors. Their symptoms were coughing, gagging, tears in eyes and wanting to vomit. The symptoms belonged to them. I roll down the window in the car if vaping with hubby. They state it smells like potpurri stuff. I suppose it does not bother me since I vape.

BTW I have two air purifiers in the house right now. The Oreck works for my area and another upstairs. Hope this helps. Some Non vapors have sensitivities as well.

Vagablonde

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
California via Norway

I have to concur..I cant stand the smell of ejuice..just last night I put the ejuice I had in the closet in ziplocs because of the smell..laughs

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had to get rid of all of the chocolate juices I had, every time I vaped chocolate my husband would start with the "what the :censored: are you vaping now? THAT STINKS". I just gave up the chocolate, but I gotta tell you, any chocolate vape can't smell anywhere near as bad as his CIGARETTES do. You'd think with him still smoking his sense of smell wouldn't be so darned particular.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
There might be something to second hand vapor allergies. I'd try VG juice and see if it invokes the same reaction.

Non-smokers sometimes have the mantra embedded that smoke is bad. It doesn't matter whether it's vapor or tobacco. When a smoker says it smells bad, that's surprising. Of course, they might be expecting you to get them to switch and just against the whole idea because it represents something that might threaten their own habit.

I like the "vaping up the room" to see if they react the same way after the vapor clears. Sounds psychosomatic if they only complain if you are doing it in front of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread