E leaf gs air 1.5coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Soo I bought an eleaf amnis mod with a basal atomizer....very cheap and I thought it was cute just to have as a backup tiny vape..
It had 2 coils in it one 1.5gs air coil and one is air 0.75
I installed the 0.75 coil cause that mod had no wattage control and 1.5 won't work good in my opinion with 11watts max charged battery...
I must say I am not disappointed for the money this tiny vape works ok the last 2 days I vape it...

Aaaaanyways the thing is I took apart the 1.5coil and I saw it had 2coils in horizontal position one on top of each other and it was wicked with silica LOL???
isn't it wierd??? Are those coils super old or something??? I thought silica was never used anymore....it had a cotton fabric like the one the innokin z coils have but inside it was silica
Anyways I rebuild it in vertical position with a n80 1ohm and I am surprised it was very easy and worked good so if u are into that stuff u can rebuild those coils...and use cotton :D

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You mean silica rope?

I could swear the GS air tanks had cotton wicks.

Also, Fasttech pics show vertical coil, with large juice ports.

Perhaps what you bought was the first version? Some older tanks, like the nautilus, stared out with silica wicks but later upgraded to cotton.

Anyway, glad that it's easy for you to rebuild! You could get many years from one coil head! This is what vaping was like back in 2014 and earlier. Rebuilding factory coil heads was common. Welcome to the past! :banana:

9688005-3.jpg

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    You mean silica rope?

I could swear the GS air tanks had cotton wicks.

Also, Fasttech pics show vertical coil, with large juice ports.

Perhaps what you bought was the first version? Some older tanks, like the nautilus, stared out with silica wicks but later upgraded to cotton.

Anyway, glad that it's easy for you to rebuild! You could get many years from one coil head! This is what vaping was like back in 2014 and earlier. Rebuilding factory coil heads was common. Welcome to the past! :banana:

9688005-3.jpg

Yeah the 1.5ohm coil was as I said really I am surprised cause of the double coil on top of each other lol wierd and also for the silica ropes yeah it was wicked like rta with the silica rope inside the coil lol.....

when this 0.75coil die I will open it also...I think it was mesh when I tried see inside....now I use it....
    I only tried the one I rebuilded for few hours to check for leaks and how it works...it was a very fast and not carefully rebuilded but still ok So am positive even if it had problems I can make it better if I am not in a rush....
    also i don't know if I should try the horizontal or vertical...just seemed better vertical for those coils....
    I use rta atty but just like to be able to rebuild the stock coils cause it's nice to be able to use whatever wire u want or just try things lol hobby

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Yeah the 1.5ohm coil was as I said really I am surprised cause of the double coil on top of each other lol wierd and also for the silica ropes yeah it was wicked like rta with the silica rope inside the coil lol.....on the wicking holes u see cotton cause it's a cotton fabric thingy one strip and then inside it's the silica ropes

when this 0.75coil die I will open it also...I think it was mesh when I tried see inside....now I use it....
    I only tried the one I rebuilded for few hours to check for leaks and how it works...it was a very fast and not carefully rebuilded but still ok So am positive even if it had problems I can make it better if I am not in a rush....
    also i don't know if I should try the horizontal or vertical...just seemed better vertical for those coils....
    I use rta atty but just like to be able to rebuild the stock coils cause it's nice to be able to use whatever wire u want or just try things lol hobby

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    i don't know if I should try the horizontal or vertical...just seemed better vertical for those coils....

Well if your coil heads have 3 or 4 large wick holes like the picture I posted above, wicking for a horizontal coil may not work out very well for you. OT me, that coil head looks like it was made for vertical wicking. That's why it surprises me that it was horizontal from the factory with silica rope.

• Agree
    Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Well if your coil heads have 3 or 4 large wick holes like the picture I posted above, wicking for a horizontal coil may not work out very well for you. OT me, that coil head looks like it was made for vertical wicking. That's why it surprises me that it was horizontal from the factory with silica rope.

Exactly!! Ikr I was surprised and also 2coils on top of each other???? I don't know if it was common in past but it's wierd xD
    I should take some pics but I always forget lol 2tiny coils

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I saw also they make many of those games air coils....even with nikel for temp control and SS and all kinds.....cool....I feel like they must be old tho and I like to get few of those cheap attys and have them and know I can rebuild and use just for the super tine size...I just don't like pods...I don't know why I just don't like the all in one and that fixed device... I am wierdo I know

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I just realized that the picture I posted above are not authentic coil heads so maybe yours look different.

IMG_20201030_202445.jpg

This is the the coil...it's also the one I rebuilded that's why it's not fully pressed hahahaha...don't need to be it don't get juice inside...but yeah I thought it's the same with the one u show but yours seems opened so the coil is visible???I thought it's the same...
    But yeah the juice holes look to be for vertical coil...lol anyways wierd...I can't wait to open the 0.75ohm coil just curious ...I think this is full cotton and mesh....as I see from outside...

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    feel like they must be old tho

I believe these tanks and coils were introduced to the market roughly around 2015.

I like to get few of those cheap attys and have them and know I can rebuild and use just for the super tine size...I just don't like pods

That's what I did. I bought a bunch of Kanger EVODs and the coils for them. That's what I use for when I need a small, low vapor device. Better than a pod IMHO. And cheaper. 5-pack of coils under $5. I was going to invest in a pod system instead, but the price was a lot higher to stockpile coil heads. Plus, I would ahve to find the right pod system and that would have cost me more money. All in all, the cost of entry for me would have been many times more than just EVOD tanks. EVOD coils are very rebuildable, too.

I also have many Aspire Mini Vivi Nova BVC tanks with RBA.

• Winner

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Nothing wrong with the past. Saves money and if its easy for you then not much time wasted. Coil heads are expensive, known to be inconsistent and defective. Rebuilding is good as long as you don't mind doing it.

Yeaaa it's nice...I like also do that stuff...it's much faster rebuild than the innokin z coils....actually it was faster than wicking my rta....I was goofing with it and I thought it would leak cause I didnt used cotton pads...just normal cotton....but need cotton pads cause it's easier to wrap around the coil and be nice and tidy....anyways it was fun....I want to get a direct lung atty now with drop in coil....I see those have big coils and must be easy in most cases to rebuild also....it's not bad to sit and rebuild a few and then just swap...and I like the procedure...after all I use my rta to save money ofc

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I want to get a direct lung atty now with drop in coil....I see those have big coils and must be easy in most cases to rebuild also....

If you get a tank that takes baby beast type of coils, then you should be able to rebuild most of those pretty easily because the top is wide open on most.

For instance, the Vaporesso NRG (NRG, NRG SE, etc) line of tanks take GT2 Core coils and many others from other brands. See how wide open the top is...

9658079-2.jpg

That's a clone so it's cheap. But should not matter since it's OK for rebuilding (as long as it fits right).

But you have to get the GT2 because other ones are harder to rebuild since they are either mesh or ceramic or have multiple coils in one head. The mesh ones would require welding a lead to each end of your mesh strip. So GT 2 would be easiest to rebuild I believe.

GT8 has 4 coils. Too much or a pain to try to rebuild just to get a vape! Plus will drink juice like crazy.

9658077-2.jpg

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread