E-liquid leak problem with my ego-t and evod setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfar

Moved On
Aug 16, 2013
Seattle
Hi. I'm new to vaping and have been using Ego-T batteries with an EVOD clearomizer.

When I put in a few drops of e-juice, it vapes okay. Any more than that, it starts giving me a bubbling sound, like the ejuice is leaking and doesn't vape at all. I blow into the vape and sure enough, the e-juice starts coming out of the little holes in the clearomizer. After removing the clearomizer and messy cleaning it vapes pretty good, but by then there's barely any ejuice left that I refill and it's the same thing all over again.

Does anyone else have this issue? and is there a way to fix it?

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
Check these....
If the stem is tight on the base (heating coil part).
Did you remove the flavor wick ?
Make sure the rubber grommet is still there and in good condition?

Re-assemble and try again or try a new head.

When mine leaked , it was the stem that was not tight. I removed it and re-assembled it, no more leaks.

Cheers

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I think (I might be wrong) that previous answers may be over-complicating things...he's a new user, not messing with flavor wicks...

1) Do NOT let ANY juice get in the air-tube down the middle!!! When you fill, dribble down the side. Personally, when I fill, I swipe a pipecleaner through the middle tube to get any teensy bit of juice - or even just condensation that's gotten in there. You want that tube DRY.

2) When you fill, check that the coil is TIGHTLY screwed in - it actually can loosen during use, so check this every time.
tightcoil.jpg

3) Don't blow in it!! That's pushing things the wrong way! Unless the thing is really broken, then the first two tips should eliminate almost all leaking - the EVOD is a good little device. You will get a drop on the battery connector, just dab it up whenever you unscrew to fill or change batteries (I use a teensy piece of paper towel).

Hope that helps!!

Cstew

Aug 18, 2013
Rockford, IL
The evod is quite tricky. If it is leaking in the Bottom/gurgling, you are tightened down too hard on the battery... Another trick if it leaks out the sides (I've gotten yelled at by my boyfriend giving me direction plenty of times when I used them) When you tighten the tank onto the coil, feel it connect and then go a TINY bit further, not tightened completely or you get a leaky mess a lot of the time going out that side.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
All those bottom fillers leak a lot I find...the seals are seem to go bad or, U have to keep plenty of juice in them at all times, they tend to gurgle and ya get a mouthful of juice when they get too low......and yes, keep liquid out of the center post hole by using a blunt need tip pin bottle to fill them, but careful not to overfill into the center hole post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread