The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

E-liquid names

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Marcin_Flvtc, Dec 13, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Marcin_Flvtc

Marcin_Flvtc Unregistered Supplier

Dec 13, 2018
    Dublin, Ireland
    Hi everyone,

I've seen some crazy names for liquids - depending on the size of the manufacturer, mostly. The smaller and "from the kitchen" ones name their flavours less obvious, to reflect their idea on the flavour. Big ones prefer just to state the flavour base, like Iced Peach or Fresh Strawberry. Which do you prefer ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rockford

Rockford Super Member

Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada
    Just stick with the profile so I know what the heck is in it

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Llamasquito

Llamasquito Senior Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Well, names like unicorn ... crack dont describe what it tastes like, so i usually just pass the crazy named juices because im lazy and dont feel like finding what it actually is.

Simple names are great :)

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    My favorite flavor name is IBTL.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rockford

Rockford Super Member

Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada
    what does is stand for?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Marcin_Flvtc

Marcin_Flvtc Unregistered Supplier

Dec 13, 2018
    Dublin, Ireland
    I vote for "In Between The Lime" ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    I prefer names that tell you what the heck is in it. I'm too lazy to read the descriptions of each liquid till I find one I can vape.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I stay away from names like sauce , blood, drip, tears, etc. Yep just give me basic names and I'm good

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I prefer the names to be descriptive or at least give a clue. Fruity breeze or arctic chocolate type of thing.

My favorites are Siren and Pandoras Box, neither of which give a clue of what the flavor is. (Blueberry/appricott and sweet/ sour grape btw)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Uninformative cutesy names (like Rainbows & Unicorns), as well as junior high attempts at "shock" humor (vomit, poop, farts, etc.), are the fastest way to guarantee that I will never buy/try a product! I will choose descriptive/informative labeling, over "creativity," every time. If the name itself doesn't tell me what it's supposed to taste like, there better be a description elsewhere on the label, or I am not giving it a second look.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  11. FΛDED

FΛDED Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2017
    Austin, Texas
    Personally, I like names that have nothing to do with the flavor profile, ex.) Broke D_ck, Unicorn Milk, Riding Shotgun, among a million others. Normal names; Buttermilk Pie, Watermelon Sours, etc. are fine too. I always have my phone on me so I can look flavor profiles if I need.

"IBTL" or "in before the lock" is an expression used by serious users of conversation forums, and they are celebrating that they posted a comment before the thread was removed or locked by an administrator.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Just seen one call monster jam or jam monster, it might be good stuff, but just because of the name I went even look at it

• Like Like x 1
  13. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    To be fair; Jam Monster, is a company name, and not the name of a particular e-liquid. My personal tolerance is a lot more flexible for those.:D

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    I prefer a descriptive name, but don't boycott those that have creative names. Personally, right now, my favorite is "I made this" and I know exactly what's in it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Shows you how much I know . Still sounds tacky to me and if I did like it, I would peel the sticker off.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fanatic_vaper

Fanatic_vaper Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Anyone familiar with Alien Piss? It's a nice flavour, but I don't understand why they choose for such a weird name tbh..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Even descriptive names do not give a clear indication of what flavour profiles are in the juice. Personally I am not all that bothered. Some names are creative, some immature, but in the end it’s how does it taste.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DaveOno

DaveOno ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't care one way or the other for the name, but please "subtitle" with the flavor profile, like:
    Bronx Zoo
    banana nut toffee

DON'T make me click to another page to find out the flavor. What I will do is click to another vendor.

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Not one for "cutesy" names, either.

I diy, and while sometimes they are abbreviations, I use such names as:
    HDT (black Honey tobacco, Dragonfruit, green Tea)
    Chocolate Cream Pie
    and so on.

• Like Like x 2
  20. PatVapes

PatVapes Super Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    I like the funny names because I think it shows how much care goes into making their products. But at the same time it can be annoying, especially when I’m at a vape shop.

Last week I asked for an e-juice with passion fruit and the girl told me that she didn’t have any. Then I look at their website, and saw their carried “Yuzu” Pachamama... which has passion fruit. If the name had given a hint of what was in the juice I would’ve bought it. Also, I’m basically blind so I have to rely on them to tell me if the bottles are too far from me. Aaaaand doesn’t help she didn’t even know what they sell lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.