E-Liquid Nicotine Consumption Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

emolinare

May 29, 2015
Hey guys,

I am new to vaping and I've spent hours trying to find some sort of a calculator online, which would let me calculate (at least approximately) equivalent of how many analog 'regular' cigarettes (in terms of nicotine) I am inhaling when vaping on e-juice.

So last night I've created a simple calculator and for $1.49 registered a domain for it, so other people can play with it:

Click here: E-Liquid Nicotine Consumption/Absorption Calculator
Or type following url into your browser:
9mdpfXi.jpg

Please let me know if you have some ideas for improvement. I'd gladly incorporate them into calculator, making it little more useful to others who are asking the same questions.

Last edited:

emolinare

May 29, 2015
Hello I am glad you like it. I am not entirely sure why the link was removed. But couple of years ago I was running a large Internet forum (2 million posts) and before I have sold it I had implemented automatic removal of urls from posts of new members (due to spamming concerns). So I assume this was also done automatically.
Perhaps one of the admins will see this post and allow the url.

For now I've typed it below the clickable url in domain dot com format.

Anyhow thanks for the words of encouragement.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Hello I am glad you like it. I am not entirely sure why the link was removed. But couple of years ago I was running a large Internet forum (2 million posts) and before I have sold it I had implemented automatic removal of urls from posts of new members (due to spamming concerns). So I assume this was also done automatically.
Perhaps one of the admins will see this post and allow the url.

For now I've typed it below the clickable url in domain dot com format.

Anyhow thanks for the words of encouragement.

It's exactly for that reason. This place would be inundated with ads otherwise, and we still get a few stragglers coming through.

This is a REALLY nifty calculator. I'm curious about the accuracy (which I suppose depends on what you calculate as your nicotine absorption %).

As it is, my stats are the following:

yvkWjHP.png

Reactions: tvapernow

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I always felt % yield was no more than 10%+ with 1st gen devices (cig-a-likes).
Certainly, with an eGo set-up, things improved. ECTA Canada more or less proved this in their research. They couldn't make claims about yield, but they did measure nicotine in the vapor from a few products. Even a 1.8ohm evod (@3.7v) didn't produce as much as a full taste cigarette, so the yield was never going to be huge.
So many folks are vaping 3mg or 6mg these days which kind of proves working these things out is difficult, maybe impossible.

I'll see if I can create a negative result in the "savings" column.

(Yes, that was easy enough).

Can you include a box for "running costs per month"... you know, atomizers, new shiny mods, wasted junk liquid, burgers and gambling. :)

tvapernow

May 25, 2015
Hey guys,

I am new to vaping and I've spent hours trying to find some sort of a calculator online, which would let me calculate (at least approximately) equivalent of how many analog 'regular' cigarettes (in terms of nicotine) I am inhaling when vaping on e-juice.

So last night I've created a simple calculator and for $1.49 registered a domain for it, so other people can play with it:

E-Liquid Nicotine Consumption/Absorption Calculator
It's located at: e-liquidcalculator dot com

Please let me know if you have some ideas for improvement. I'd gladly incorporate them into calculator, making it little more useful to others who are asking the same questions.

Cool I'll try it out. My current calculation basically is " dang!, I'm saving frigging tons of money" as I was mostly a two PAD for 40+ years. I'm using a basic small tank (Ismokea mini), spinner II batteries and getting into DIY on the juice. It will be interesting to play with some numbers.:)

Reactions: bigbells

tvapernow

May 25, 2015
I always felt % yield was no more than 10%+ with 1st gen devices (cig-a-likes).
Certainly, with an eGo set-up, things improved. ECTA Canada more or less proved this in their research. They couldn't make claims about yield, but they did measure nicotine in the vapor from a few products. Even a 1.8ohm evod (@3.7v) didn't produce as much as a full taste cigarette, so the yield was never going to be huge.
So many folks are vaping 3mg or 6mg these days which kind of proves working these things out is difficult, maybe impossible.

I'll see if I can create a negative result in the "savings" column.

(Yes, that was easy enough).

Can you include a box for "running costs per month"... you know, atomizers, new shiny mods, wasted junk liquid, burgers and gambling. :)

Umm... We don't count those, right?...right? (Credit card spontaneously combusts)...:sneaky:;):(

emolinare

May 29, 2015
I always felt % yield was no more than 10%+ with 1st gen devices (cig-a-likes).....Can you include a box for "running costs per month"... you know, atomizers, new shiny mods, wasted junk liquid, burgers and gambling. :)

Hi djsvapour, I was sort of thinking the same thing. 1st gen devices are definitely lower than high end vaporizers of nowadays. I'll perhaps mention this in a help box, just don't know how to word it so as to not to confuse people.
I could also include the box for running cost, any suggestions as to what to put in?

I am thinking to also make this for Android mobile phones. It's a java code, it should be fairly easy to port it over.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
That is quite a saving... You were probably over 2 cigs / hour kind of smoker.
I am wondering, what's your cost per milliliter? Must be low too.

This is my current results, still saving me a lot of money. Makes up for a vacation to Cuba once a year :)
DUqUhhh.jpg

Haha yeah, I was easily 40/day smoker. My estimate was that I was spending 4000-5000 a year on cigarettes, although it's a pretty tough thing to keep track of.

I was sort of estimating my e-liquid cost, because it definitely varies. My most recent haul, though, I got a bunch of 60mL bottles for 15$ (about 10 of 'em). I also buy a lot of MtBaker (236mL's for 45$, or 19 cents per mL). I think I put in 40 cents as my cost per mL of e-liquid, and that may have been overly generous.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I could also include the box for running cost, any suggestions as to what to put in?

I would start with a non-liquid consumables box. Let's say I run plug and play atomizers for work and only use rebuildables at home. If I average $7-$8 a week on consumables (replacement items) then that's <$400 a year. Long term vapers might like to add up the cost of mods/batteries and divide that over x amount of years vaping.

emolinare

May 29, 2015
I would start with a non-liquid consumables box. Let's say I run plug and play atomizers for work and only use rebuildables at home. If I average $7-$8 a week on consumables (replacement items) then that's <$400 a year. Long term vapers might like to add up the cost of mods/batteries and divide that over x amount of years vaping.

Hi djsvapour, I've updated the page, I've added a box for other expenses and also some wording under the ? hint.
Cost of other expenses is automatically excluded from the monthly total.
Does this look better? Screenshot:

yLRUs5m.jpg

Rucerius

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Jupiter, Fl
Nyiddle, Can I ask how many millilitres of e-liquid are you going through daily?
Friend of mine is just starting with vaping after over 50 years of smoking 3 packs a day and asked me what he should expect to see in terms of e-liquid usage.

How much e-liquid your friend would use per day depends on a number of factors including but not limited to the type of tank used, how often he uses it, the nicotine rating of the e-liquid. If I were to take a WAG I'd say roughly 5-8 ml per day (of course your mileage may vary).

emolinare

May 29, 2015
How much e-liquid your friend would use per day depends on a number of factors including but not limited to the type of tank used, how often he uses it, the nicotine rating of the e-liquid. If I were to take a WAG I'd say roughly 5-8 ml per day (of course your mileage may vary).

Thanks a lot. I was expecting to see something in that range. In store they told me they wouldn't recommend anything over 12mg for his 50watt istick, otherwise he would be getting too much of a throat hit. So that's what I bought for him.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    This is certainly an interesting thing.
    Thanks, please let me know if you see any areas for improvement.
    I think it would be nice to be able to specify an e-liquid nicotine content level, rather than choosing one from the drop-down. See, the liquid(s) I use have a 21mg level. It would be nice to be able to specify battery volts and watts, and atty Ohms. Also, I'm sure you know there is a huge difference between Java code and JavaScript code (similar to comparing e-cigs and cigs), and your earlier statement was just a tongue tie. Overall, this is a pretty neat bit of code. I've bookmarked it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread